“Restaurant review only - Delicious food, comfy sofa's, impressive fireplace”
Review of Monty's Inn

Monty's Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Beaulieu
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed January 27, 2013

That says it all really .. the only mystery to us was the 'Beef Burger' which was £15! Price not in proportion with the rest of the lunch menu and when someone on a table close-by ordered it, it didn't look any more impressive than burgers we've seen in other pubs!! That said, the drinks were great, service great, lunch delicious and staff were 'a cut above' - would recommend.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Got to Beaulieu at 4:30 in afternoon so restaurant was closed, decided to have a coffee in the pub & was offered a cute tasty cup cake as we were disappointed restaurant was closed. Very nice touch. We were so comfortable by open log fire & cosy pub atmosphere that we stayed there till restaurant opened. Menus were brought to us at the sofas so we could inspect menu before deciding to move into restaurant. We had venison sausages & slow cooked lamb, all very filling & tasty we ate it all. Cost about £35 including a glass of wine. Definitely recommend it

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited Monty's after a walk from Bucklers Hard and sat by the fire in the comfy sofas. Staff were great and the food/coffees lovely.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Montagu Arms Hotel next door, but unfortunately was not open for my birthday on the tuesday night, so we ended up going to Monty's next door! Apparently they share a kitchen.
I don't normally have steak out, as it's simple enough to do at home, but I really fancied one. I also had the garlic butter [yum] to pour over it! Really scrummy, and I was so glad I didn't have a starter. My hubby had the chicken and ham hock terrine followed by the pan fried sea bass with pork beely which I tried and was delicious. To finish [well it was my birthday] I had the chocolate brownie and ice cream and hubby had sticky toffee pudding. A very nice meal in very pleasant surroundings with good spacing between tables and good staff smartly turned out. A little pricey if I'm being really picky, but location and lack of other eateries and hotel joined next door command these prices.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife (Beccy) and I visited Monty's last Saturday, during a brief visit to the New Forest. We were staying in Brockenhurst and, as many will remember localised flooding meant that smaller roads were closed and to easily get to Beaulieu we had to go via Lyndhurst. A short detour and boy are we glad we did as we were treated to an absolute feast.
We were given a warm welcome and shown to our table in the pubs dining room, a large room with a good amount of tables without being crowded, with a roaring log fire. The room looked lovely. We were shown to our table and given the menu's, which were supplemented by a specials board with two starters and two mains.

Beccy opted for one of the starter of twice baked cheese souffle, the went for the local Pondhead sausages and mash. Both dishes were really well cooked and tasted divine.
The souffle was light and well flavoured of both the cheese and the herbs. The sausages were almost sweet flavoured but with a great mix of meat and herbs......... simply gorgeous.

I opted from the menu, choosing the home-made Scotch Egg served with Apple Chutney and Rocket, followed by a 28 day matured Sirloin, served with peppercorn sauce. The scotch egg was everything you might want. Obviously freshly cooked with good sausage meat and a wonderfully runny egg (oh I am a child here!) and an apple chutney that blended well with the egg. My steak (cooked medium rare) had wonderful flavour and texture, with a lovely pepper sauce. Served with thick cut chips it was a wonderful "old school" dish.

Pudding for us both was lemon posset, Beccy's served naked with two short oat biscuits, mine with a blackcurrent sauce and the biscuits. A simple pudding executed really well.

We both really enjoyed the meal and the service from the very experienced team.

With Beccy pregnant I took the opportunity to try a couple of pints of Ringwood 49er, which was a wonderful brew, and a half bottle of a beautiful Rioja.

All in all this was a great meal, one which will remain in our minds for a long time, so much so we can't wait to return!!!