“Crazy!!!!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Went to this "Pub" after visting the local brewery and I have never been so mistreated in my life!!! We were in a party of 12 on a staff Xmas party (lateness due to the fact that we are in the "Pub" trade ourselves). We were a little lould but the way in which we were delt with crazy! The "manager" swore at my party and also became very aggressive. I will be taking my complant further but I advise that while under the current management stay away. I visited this Pub in 2012 and had nothing bad to say about it but it's sad how quickly things can change!

2  Thank Jay1845

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on 11th & 12th April - 10 out of 10 all round! A must for all. Thank you. The food was fab, the staff excellent and very welcoming. A must if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Dreadful experience to see the barman cynically and surreptitiously pour a top on a nearly full pint of beer. I could not believe what I was witnessing in this day and age and in a Good Beer Pub too. We are not regulars and so the barman saw his opportunity to pull a fast one on the out of towners. Might be different for locals but I would definitely give this pub a miss after this experience.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I'm a Ringwood local so have enjoyed The Inn on the Furlong for years, and have been prompted to actually write a review having eatan there with my wife yesterday evening. We'd popped in for a quick drink early evening and the plan was to think about where we were going on to for a meal - my wife really fancied a steak. We'd noted though that the pub was doing more food of late, so also thought we'd take a look at the menu...

In fact it's a new menu (or at least I think it is), with one side devoted to steaks. So we thought we'd try eating there. We pop in for a drink regularly, but this is the first time we've eatan there of an evening (we've snacked at lunchtime on a few occassions). We both opted for rib-eye, mine rare-medium and my wife's medium, both with pepper sauce, mine with chips, my wife's with sauteed potatoes (is this too much detail?!).

Fantastic! We simply couldn't fault it. All that was left were the stems that the cherry toms came on! A formal restaurant couldn't have cooked any part of the meal better - seriously - and with my job involving 100+ nights a year in hotels in the UK and globally I feel I can claim to know what the difference is between 'excellent', 'good', and 'average'. We did though enjoy the less formal ambience of the pub more than we'd have enjoyed a formal restauant. If I was going to be picky, I'd say that I'd have liked my steak a touch rarer - but the fault there is with me for not asking, not chef's.

OK, so this is one eating experience - but as I say, it was so unusually pleasing that it's motivated me to write this (encouraged by my wife!).

To provide a bit more info on the pub...

We ate last night in the bar area for the more lively atmosphere, but there is a conservatory area at the back for those who prefer things a bit quieter. There's also a tiled area outside, and couple of tables out the front for those who like to watch the world go by.

A fine range of Ringwood Brewery beers are available, including the outstanding Boondoggle :-)

It can be busy on popular footy or rugby days as there are TV screens in the bar and also one in the conservatory (and one outside under cover too). But there again, this is an asset for those who want to enjoy a pint in a lively atmosphere when there's a sporting event to watch (as I do once in a while).

There's a Northern Soul & Mod evening on a Saturday about once a month.

All in all a favourite of ours, one that's consistent, one which has improved steadily over the last few years, and one which is recommended. And one which we're now going to use again for meals of an evening...

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If arrogance was a virtue the Landlady would score high. Went in for a drink with friends and family were greeted by unfriendly Landlord more worried about the football than his customers. It looks like a nice country pub but is more of a sports bar. Good local beer