“The Inn on the Furlong, Ringwood, Hampshire”

The Inn on the Furlong
Ranked #39 of 73 Restaurants in Ringwood
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friend Sandy and I visited this pub on a horrible day - windy and sleeting - so we were very happy to find a nice warm cheerful atmosphere inside. The decor is cosily reminiscent of the old pubs I remember before most of them were taken over by chains and turned into near clones of others all over the country. We ordered drinks at the bar. Sandy had a diet coke because she was driving and I had a half pint of very nice cider - not the usual mass produced fizzy stuff usually found in pubs nowadays, which was a nice touch. They pride themselves on their real ales and they had a list of them on the menu, but I don't like beer so I couldn't judge what they were like. We sat down at a table and read the menu. There was a wide variety of food available, including some delicious-sounding desserts which put several pounds on us just by reading the descriptions! But we were both very good and decided to order breaded plaice with garden peas and nothing else. Sandy wanted potatoes, rather than chips. This caused a brief flurry with our waitress, but she went off to ask for advice and after a short time came back and said that would be no problem. The food arrived quickly and it was piping hot, well presented and very tasty and Sandy got her potatoes. The prices were excellent, the staff were friendly and efficient and we decided that would definitely be a place we would visit again when we were next in the area.

1  Thank Sunflowers159