“Great find on a day out in the new forest”

Framptons Cafe Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 73 Restaurants in Ringwood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Loved this placed and the decor. The cakes were lovely homemade and fresh and very reasonably priced in fact all the food looked good and looking forward to coming back for an evening meal

1  Thank Filby007

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I live coming in here for tea and one if the amazing cakes. But we also had a lovely meal just before Christmas and shared nibbles on a friends birthday.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

You will either love or hate the decor (shabby chic) but you cant fault Sunday lunch. A huge platter of Roast Beef, loads of vegs and yorkshire pud for a tenner.

We were a family of four plus a toddler, service was attentive but not overpowering despite being very busy.

We just about found room for a slice of cake and coffee to finish off.

Only downside (if any) they like a whole table to have the same joint, not a problem to us.

We are going back to try the evening menu.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great place. Excellent food. Great coffee. Service can sometimes be a bit hit and miss but never rude. Roll out to ferndown please !!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit with friends and unfortunately the lasting memory was not as before.

After the ambiguity as to whether breakfast or lunch was order-able at the 12noon cut off time we ordered from the lunch menu.

Two of us opted for the steak and cheese sandwich which is stated to be made with home made bread.

At the time of ordering care was taken as to enquire into the home made bread options as instructed on the menu. We were advised that there was a granary or white option and we both promptly ordered granary.

When our sandwiches arrived we were intrigued at the evenness of the cut of the so-called home made bread and enquired as to how it had been prepared.

The waitress was rather nonchalant in advising us that it was indeed not the home made bread we had ordered but it had come from a local supplier. Which we assumed to be Sainsburys or Waitrose.

We were told that the home made bread was still in the oven and that she couldn't very well get it out.

I would expect that by 12noon on a Saturday that there would be plenty of home made bread ready for their lunch setting.

I did witness a bountiful basket of white cob loaves on the shelf in the restaurant which was being rapidly depleted whilst we were left with our medium cut pre sliced offering.

Why the availability of the bread was not advised to us promptly after ordering I do not know.

My objection to the insidious replacement of the sandwich seemed to go unnoticed.

Luckily my friend is more vocal and managed to negotiate us the princely discount of a small diet coke equivalent, meaning we only had to pay £5 for something we didn't want to eat.

One can only wonder if they would have been so generous in the event we had a glass of wine with our offering.

Whilst this might seem trivial to some it was certainly trivial to the staff who appear unfriendly with an aura of superiority about themselves when quite frankly they only work in a cafe.

My final note being that my sandwich had remnants of Stilton when I had explicitly ordered cheddar. I hope they have a greater range of knives for other dishes where cross contamination could have a toxic effect and provoke an allergy in other diners.

2  Thank John H