“Good food, good night”

Framptons New Forest
Ranked #26 of 66 Restaurants in Ringwood
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Good food, good night”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here on Friday and the food was great! All of our party had a great meal and the place was bustling. Would recommend to anyone

Fareham, United Kingdom
“Wanted so badly to love it......”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been here a number of times now in various situations.....with daughter for a coffee/hot chocolate stop inbetween shopping, with a girlfiend for a glass of wine, with partner for lunch and drinks. Sadly, the best times have been when there isn't food involved! The coffees and hot chocolate are as you would expect from an establishemnt like this, lovely, true coffee, delicious. The atmosphere for meeting a girlfriend for a drink is perfect, chatting, lively, busy atmosphere in an industria type/warehouse/ lived in environment. The decor is completely to my taste, old brown leather sofas, bare worn wood, bare bricks, retro/indutrial posters etc on wall. The bar/waitress service for drinks alone, has always been very good. However, when I visited for lunch the whole thing fell apart somewhat! It was a very busy Sunday....we had the foresight to book a table. Service was so slow (non-existent) that my partner had to resort to going to the bar to order drinks as we were getting a bit desparate. Then the wait to simply have our food ordered went on....and on.....until my partner again had to leave his seat to go and find someone to take it. Were they all on a lunch break of their own??? This is from a "waiter/tress service" establishment. I don't think so! Where is/are the management overseeing this situation? I have to say I did not once spot anyone who had a vague air of "manager" about them. It simply seemed to be staffed by very young, inexperienced (or untrained) people. One young man did try his best to rectify the lack of good service and customer skills, but how on earth can he manage that alone amongst a team of what appeared to be young waitresses who couldn't care less?! Largely very poor/non existent service. The cutlery was dirty....and had to be changed. When the food did arrive my order of crayfish and smoked salmon linguine with lemon dressing was made almost inedible as it had been saturated with lemon. Whoa! Steady on the lemon. My partner did enjoy his roast (lucky him!). There was live music, which was enjoyable but too loud. You could not hold a low key, quiet conversation amongst yourselves. The speakers were way too loud. All of this is such a shame because we have recently moved to the area and were looking for somewhere we felt we could relax in and make it our regular haunt. I'm not sure this is it. I will happily go there for drinks again, as for the eating there I wil give them a second chance, because I badly want to enjoy my time/food there. Watch this space....

• Visited December 2012
Hampshire, UK
“Great place to meet up and have a drink.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The atmosphere here is excellent, the staff are friendly and the cocktails are amazing. The food is very expensive and if you want a good meal the 7 Fish is better value. However, they are great if you are having a drinks. They serve coffee as well as alcohol and they are very child friendly. Sunday afternoons they often have live music and it is a great place to spend a few hours.

Visited January 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A pleasant lunch with friends today. Great atmosphere, efficient staff and good menu choice.
Very busy which lead to a bit of a serving delay.
Just one point, keep your clothes clear of the walls, my wifes coat was coated with plaster dust!
We'll go again.
ps they serve Ringwood beer, an excellent brew.

• Visited January 2013
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Brilliant atmosphere,loved ,the little details of the menus,drinks list which added to this. Our food , olives, mixed dipping oils and bread, followed by rib eye steak, portabello mushroom (the flavours of both were incredible) vine tomatoes and wonderfully crispy fries, followed by melt in your mouth panacota were to die for.The service was first class, the waiting staff being very attentive without overpowering. I definately recommend Framptons.

• Visited February 2013