“Service without a smile ;(”

Framptons Cafe Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #28 of 72 Restaurants in Ringwood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The decor is a delightful mess, and the whole place feels very continental. All the little details; the menus, the drinks list, the tables, even the piccolo served in a sherry glass were wonderful. Our food, a delicious sandwich and burger, were tasty, prompt and pretty, and had the service been of a par then the whole experience would have been a treat.

There were no smiles, and very little eye contact, and no personality whatsoever from any of the staff that waited on us once we had been sat. Other than the lady who greeted and seated us, I was most disappointed with the service.

We did sit down at 2pm on a busy lunch, so perhaps the staff had simply had enough by then, we shall certainly try Framptons again, though we won't be in a rush.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Met some friends for a meal and was very surprised to pay £13.00 for a plate of pasta with a couple of small slices of mushrooms, it was supposed to be spaghetti with a wild mushroom and cream sauce, when I requested black pepper and parmesan the waitress went back to the kitchen and they apparently had neither.
I have found with a few restaurants recently that when they first open the portions are generous and the prices are reasonable but once they have their custom they start to put up prices and the standard of food dissappoints.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went for a morning hot drink, as I had walked past many times and it was always busy. Managed to get a table and was served, eventually. Quality of food and drink was fine but do not understand the popularity. It has a good atmosphere if you like the "unfinished/cowboy builder" look.
Was a little disappointed to have my request for a bacon bitty turned down at 1103, apparently it stops at 1100.

1  Thank 250kts
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Brilliant atmosphere, Interesting surroundings and excellent home made food. Well stocked bar and very good for refreshment anytime of the day with lovely home made cakes. An ideal place for a break when walking the dog as they are allowed as well - very civilised.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The Ringwood Brewery tour got our appetite going last Saturday afternoon so my wife and I drove the short distance back to Ringwood High St and found the inviting-looking Framptons.
The front of the restaurant is a very lively bar so not good for a quiet meal at that time but we liked the atmosphere. The decor was tastefully old-fashioned with distempered walls adorned with some mildly risqué little watercolours of glamorous women. Our table was cozy.
The menu had good variation and I ordered the melt-in-your-mouth pork belly which came perched atop a delicious bed of lentils and some finely fresh curly kale. I could have eaten it all again. My wife's clam linguine was delivered as mushroom linguine but the waiter astutely and efficiently brought the right dish back out in a flash. We both agreed that the pasta needed a little something extra but it was very well done. Good wines by the glass too. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank Briguyo