“Was always Amazing”

Ringwood, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was always Amazing”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Well I used to visit the shop most days under the previous owners and can honestly say I have tried nearly every drink, cake, ice cream and chocolate sold in the shop and it was always perfect. The service was spot on and always efficient and welcoming the staff went out of their way to welcome me and many other people that I recommended to try the shop out. I feel as a regular customer that you could not possibly change anything that would improve what was. I feel that if things change then maybe Oh La La Chocolat will no longer be the place for me. I will really miss the previous owners and their staff greatly as they treated me as a friend and not just a customer. I liked the place because so much because it was different and everything about it was genuine.

1 Thank Joanne F

Ringwood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

As a fairly regular customer to this quaint and lovely shop/cafe I felt the need to speak up.The existing staff that have remained at the shop have always been courteous and attentive to myself and my wife.i really don't kow how they could improve mr gard? The girls really deserve more credit. We will continue to come in and sample the fantastic chocolates and I really do love the coffee. Keep up the good work girls!
Also dogs are allowed into the shop which is wonderful for us on our walks around town with our dogs

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank davidwhitesabt
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Not Good”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This cafe needs to attend to various issues.
On a damp day you cannot see out of the windows.
The hot chocolate is more warm than hot - at least the version tried by us was. The Turkish Delight they sell is not terribly delightful and the salted caramel ice cream has enough salt in it to melt the ice part of the ice cream and still be savoury enough to deal with a fair sized portion of chips. Also - the sundaes were definitely on the small side.
We also found the staff attitude very lacking. If other customers are treated the way we were I cannot understand why the other reviews on the cafe are so good.

1 Thank JamesDeans86
Gardbus2012, Owner at Oh La La Chocolat!, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi there as the new owner of the business (I took over on the 1st January 2014) im sorry that you have had a previous bad experience visiting. I hope I can address some of the issues for you. Ventilation - We are having air conditioning installed in the near future to keep customers warm in winter and cool in summer. Products - we no longer have salted caramel ice cream and will be launching a new range of ice creams in time for the summer. We will take a look at our range of Turkish delight to see if any improvements can be made. We have also recruited a number of new staff to the business and are retraining existing employees so hope if you decide in the future to re visit you will notice the many improvements we have made to the business.
If you have any further concerns please contact me directly I notice your visit was in December but I would like to show that we have put things right since taking over. Many thanks Simon Gard
“Nice chocolate, food ok...”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having looked up this cafe on tripadvisor we thought it was worth having a look, first impressions were that we were not welcomed and sat down to then read on the menu that you seat yourself. The hot chocolate was nice and they have a fair few different flavours, we also ordered some sandwiches and then were told that they had run out of white bread, in a cafe this isn't a great start considering it was only 14.00, although we were told that it was due to new owners taking over tomorrow. The chicken and bacon toastie was yummy but the other half had a ham and cheese toastie but it only had a small slither of ham in and she wasn't too impressed, for £.4.50 you would expect a decent amount of filling, other than that the staff were pleasant enough but maybe we just chose a bad day because of the change of ownership, I would say its worth trying but don't get your hopes up too much.

1 Thank DanW0027
Hi as the new owner I would like to offer a response to your review, I took over the business on the 1st January 2014. Im sorry you experienced difficulties in ordering the items you wanted on the 31st December, and also for the unwelcome feeling the staff gave you. I would like to invite you to return to see the improvements that have been made since your last visit, we always try to have full availability of menu items and will be launching a new menu in February. We have taken on a number of new staff and have given extensive training to those who have stayed with the business so the levels of customer service will have improved. If you have any further concerns please contact me directly Simon Gard Owner
New Milton, United Kingdom
“Hot Chocolate!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I never knew there were that many ways to make a mug of hot chocolate. Divine.

Actually, my daughter had the choccy, I had a regular latte and that was probably one of the nicest coffee's you can get on Ringwood high street.

If you're in town, a good place for a meal.

And they sell chocolates too! But I do find this confusing because I can't figure out if they're a cafe or a chocolatiers. If you walked in to buy chocolates you're in a cafe. If you go in for a drink they sell chocolates so it's a bit odd. Still good though.