“After work drinks”
Review of Finns at Ringwood - CLOSED

Finns at Ringwood
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Under new management, this tradition pub houses a fine selection of beers, ales, wines and spirits. We pride ourselves on our food and serve local fresh ingredients for both lunch and dinner. Our outdoor space is second to none!
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Located in the centre of the market town of Ringwood, Finns is a great bar. There is ample parking and the food served here is really good. A good selection of drinks and plenty of seating in and outside.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ideally positioned in the town square this used to be an Irish bar and although it retains some of this persona, it lacks a little in atmosphere. Food is average but overall the charges are a little expensive. Extensive newly renovated garden at the back

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went to Finns on Thursday 4th April in the evening with a friend. I was recommended this place by a friend as a good meal out and he was absolutely right. In fact I would say good is an understatement! The food was fantastic. We both ordered a tomato and mozarella brichetta for a starter which was dekicious with the pestoon. For the main course I ordered one of the specials, BBQ chicken with bacon and cheese, served with chips; and my friend ordered a veggie burger which was also served with chips and salad. Both were absolutely delicious and the chips were the best I had ever tried: crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
All of this was. Made even better by the really good service. The moment we stepped thought the door, as it was quite quiet, we were instantly asked if we would like help with anything. Having told them we had never been there before and wanted a nice meal out, we were directed towards the tables and what I would calm the main restaurant area (although there are tables all around so you could eat anywhere really). We sat at a small table with a bench on one side and 2 chairs on the other, but it wasn't cramped. We ordered drinks pretty quickly and they arrived at our table just as fast. The food didn't take a milenium to get to us either, waiting less than 20 minutes altogether.
To my surprise, the chef on that night wasn't the usual cook, but she was covering as she knew how everything was done. I asked to thank her for the meal and she was very appreciative. Unfortunately I can't remember her name but it was a fantastic meal and would recommend this place to anyone with a love for good traditional pub food. Although it was quite expensive, I didn't have any worries about paying as I thought it was deffinately worth the money. I shall deffinately be returning to Finns!!

I highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent service and friendly staff - the fish and chips was very popular, generous portions and nicely presented. If you fancy a change from chain food, this is a good alterntive. Drink prices were reasonable

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Sadly, has changed some of the things it did best.
Still offers a roaring fire in winter and very friendly service but seems to have lost its way in terms of the menu. The unfailingly cheerful staff deserve more than the 'average' rating provided here, but unfortunately there is no option to rate it 'good within its limitations'.