“Sunday Roast!!”
Review of Finns at Ringwood - CLOSED

Finns at Ringwood
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Under new management, this tradition pub houses a fine selection of beers, ales, wines and spirits. We pride ourselves on our food and serve local fresh ingredients for both lunch and dinner. Our outdoor space is second to none!
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Decided to try the Sunday roast here and was thankful we did. My husband and father inlaw are very fussy on their roasts and it went down a storm! We will decinately be going back. Lovely service too! Thanks guys.

1  Thank milky00

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went as a large family group to Finns recently one Sunday lunchtime and were delighted with the whole experience. The food was amazing - I had the sirloin, & what a change from the usual cardboard that is served up as roast beef! There was a good selection of traditional, beautifully cooked vegetables, lovely home cooked yorkshire puddings and all presented up with good service & a big smile! We will certainly return, and urge anybody looking for an excuse not to cook one Sunday to give Finns a try, especially as they serve all afternoon 'til 5pm. My only disappointment was that they don't serve Crabbies any more - gutted!

FinnsAtRingwood, Manager at Finns at Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear AngelpieNewForest

Thanks for your review. All our meat is from Pattersons Butchers on the high street so we really trust the origins, I believe this quality is reflected in our dishes and I'm glad to see that our efforts are not in vain!

Although we don't serve Crabbies anymore, we do have an alternative in Jeremiah Weeds' Root Brew which has been very popular.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Assistant Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have relatives in Ringwood and have always been able to rely on Finns for decent portions of simple, good value meals for years.

I've been in a few times since the menu changed and it's just not quite as good. I can see that a more modern bistro style menu has been attempted, but there are plenty of modern restaurants in Ringwood, and really, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I'm in my twenties, as were my companions, and we eat out a fair bit, so aren't complaining just because it's changed. There was nothing particularly wrong eith the food, just fairly bland and uninspiring. The chips might look nice in their little baskets, but the portions were small.

To be fair, the Sunday roast looked nice, but the Sunday menu was even smaller than the normal one and both lacked decent vegetarian and gluten free options. Will give it one last shot next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank Elvenesse
FinnsAtRingwood, Manager at Finns at Ringwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Elvenesse
I’m sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed your experiences at the pub as much as we'd have liked. And we appreciate your feedback.
Our Sunday menu is based on the Traditional Sunday Roast but there are always two roast meats, one other meat dish, a fish, and vegetarian option. Where possible our food is homemade and all meals are prepared fresh to order. As I'm sure you can appreciate it is not easy to provide a large menu of fresh food that is prepared to order. You are the first person to mention that our food is “bland and uninspiring” and I’m sorry to hear that you are of that opinion.
We invite people to ask if they require food to adhere to specific dietary requirements and are always happy to suggest a range of Vegetarian options
I look forward to seeing you again soon so we can prove to you that we offer a good selection of tasty, fresh dishes made using the best of local ingredients.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stay in Ringwood alot and always eat at different places. I went into Finn's on Sunday with a few friends and was looking forward to a Sunday roast.

They had a set menu of either roast sirloin of beef with all the trimmings (the meat is supplied from of my oldest friends who has a butchers shop near by. Or there was roast chicken fillet with stuffing inside.

I opted for the chicken, it was cooked perfectly and the veg was al dente just how it should be with a little butter. Nice presentation and only £8.50. Very recommended to any one that wants a nice roast out in the garden at a nice table in the sun.

FANTASTIC!

Dear Ricky666666

Thanks for your feedback. It's nice to see the good as well as the bad comments on here.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ringwood.

Regards

Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2012

good food good service and very friendly restaurant nice to see a place really trying to succeed
well done to the owners and staff at fins. visited thur 17th august.

Dear blackcab1

Thanks for you comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Regards