“Ok food but disappointing”

Boston Tea Party Ringwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Ringwood
Cuisines: American, British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent café group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. BTP Ringwood found its happy home in the historic building of Frampton’s Mill which part of the fabulous & fashionable Furlong Centre in Ringwood.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Ok food but disappointing”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We visited on a sunny day and decided to sit outside. The seating arrangement outside is very good, with plenty of room and a nice vista. Whilst it was fairly busy when we visited, it was post-lunch, so we did not anticipate the length of time we ended up waiting for the food. By the time it arrived, we were very hungry! The food was ok but overpriced for what it was. The menu descriptions sounded more appealing than the actual food. The service was lack lustre and seems disjointed. We had to go back to collect our coffees and by then, we had decided to get on and eat the cake which had arrived 15 minutes earlier. It's a shame really, as the look of the place and the location are very good.

• Visited March 2014
TA-BTP, General Manager at Boston Tea Party Ringwood, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Mishylet77

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear your visit wasn't entirely satisfactory. Reading your review I gather the bar staff did not mention, or weren't clear, that you collect drinks from the bar when you order which would have spared you the delay. As I recall that sunny week in March we were very busy however we aim to deliver our food in under 20 minutes even at peak trading.

Our pricing reflects the produce we use. Our meat and eggs are free-range, our fruit and vegetables organic, while our bread is from Hobbs House bakery. Compared to restaurants offering similar products but with inferior produce made off-site we feel our prices are very competitive.

We have recently gone over to our summer menu, which I would like to invite you to come and try, if you would like to contact me directly at gm.ringwood@bostonteaparty.co.uk. As you say the location and the outside seating make BTP Ringwood a great site, and I would like to show you just how good it really is.

Kind Regards

Joe Nicholson

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Menu, Poor Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped in a very sunny Ringwood on our way to Devon on Saturday for some lunch, Sat outside in the glorious sunshine perusing a deliscious sounding menu, I choose a burger and my husband a hotdog.

What arrived was a crispy (yes crispy) overcooked burger in a greasy bun with a floppy bit of lettuce and emaciated fries, the coleslaw looked like it had been kept in the sun (ie yellow mayonaise). Very dissapointed.

Would suggest BTP downgrading the descriptions in the menu to match the standard of food or upgrading the food to match the menu description.

If we stopped again it would only be for coffee and a cake.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Debra S
“Favourite place to go for breakfast”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am a semi regular here, whenever my fiancé and I fancy a treat we always head to BTP for a delicious breakfast and it's been fantastic every time. We're so happy we found this place.

Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Boston Tea Party”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have often popped into Boston Tea Party with colleagues for a quick coffee and always found it a nice experience. Staff are chatty and service usually quick. Coffee is better than other offerings in Ringwood. Have not had food here but have seen it taken to tables and looks very appetising. Will be sure to hold my next brunch meeting here!

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Good Brand Poor Delivery”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Felt service bordering on surly, except for one proficient young man. Menu excellent and ingredients excellent; end product a mixed quality. Layout and flow patterns seemed sort of ok but for some reason not working. Some customers looked uncomfortable finding and reading the extensive menu before ordering, then bumping around the counter, water, bunched tables, and mounting the stairs. I guess they must have better days.