“Quite dreadful”
Review of Seven Fish - Ringwood - CLOSED

Seven Fish - Ringwood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of two Seven Fish locations. The other is in Midhurst.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Quite dreadful”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Only my second ever Tripadvisor review. I arrived at the restaurant to find they had no record of our booking. Never a good start. Sat down on the sofa in the waiting area and promptly cut my hand on a sharp piece of metal protruding through the side of the sofa cushion. Couldn't believe it when I discovered the staff were warned of the offending sofa only 20 minutes earlier by another diner. The staff had done absolutely nothing to remove the danger or alert other people that sitting on it could be hazardous! Staggeringly contemptible attitude to customers. Lobster was tough and rest of food worse than I get at home. Dreadful attitude, food poor, staff disinterested, furniture dangerous. Quite dreadful.Will never go there again.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank John A

Southa
“Would have been zero stars if possible!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I've visited this resteraunt previously and absolutely loved it, however, my second visit was shocking. My friend and I went on the evening where you can get a burger and half a lobster for just £20 (1st Wednesday of every month). After eating the gorgeous burger, I went for my lobster which was rubbery and over cooked to the point where it was difficult to cut. Our waitress sent the dishes back without complaint, however, the head chef then proceeded to come out and make a scene telling us there was nothing wrong with the dishes in a disgusting manner. We were told to leave or the police would be called - simply for making a complaint. I was mortified to be dealt with so appallingly. I do not go to restaurants to be sworn at and embarrassed. The couple behind us proceeded to get up and leave just after us also in shock. I cannot believe this occurred. Will never be going back.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Elisha W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“expensive and disappointing”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were 4 diners booked for a sunday lunch time. We had a variety of main courses (sea bass, duck, linguinie, beef) all with promising stated menu descriptions, some from the main menu folder, others from the 'specials' board. Three things stood out - there was little by way of subtelty to the presentation (the bed of risotto for the sea bass, and, the bubble and squeek vegetable for the duck were poorly placed), the food was plated up warm at best, but the beef was cold, while the service was slow, often surly. The sticky-toffee pudding was really glutenous. Perhaps this was an off-day, but it was an expensive one for us and we had better restaurant value elsewhere in Ringwood/Bournemouth.

• Visited November 2013
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Nice enough ”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Set menu mildly uninspiring, as was most of the food on the a la carte menu but what we had was well cooked, good service

Regarding price - we had the set menu as stated, we're very full and a bottle of wine for £45ish which I don't deem too bad at all!

Only went on recommendation from tripadvisor, wouldn't actively recommend but pleasant enough.

uk
“Overpriced and unwelcoming. Although nice concept”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Harsh unyeilding furniture and badly lit in conservatory bit with downlighter directly in your face or broken so sat in darkness
Staff dont really make an effort
Expensive
Mussels OK; fish and chips bit sickly
Nice bread boards
Nice interesting cocktails
Decor really lovely
Appreciate the effort they make with special offers, emails, cocktails and wifi etc
If it was me, I would put cushions on the chairs, prompt the staff to chat more, put candles on tables

• Visited October 2013