“Fantastic for a special event!”
Review of Seven Fish - Ringwood - CLOSED

Seven Fish - Ringwood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of two Seven Fish locations. The other is in Midhurst.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went in two months ago and met Shannon one of the guys that works there and told him I was looking to arrange a dinner for my sisters hen party. He was brilliant, we were told we could have the space in front of the kitchen all to ourselves and that he was more than happy to create a set menu for us for the price I said I was looking to pay! The menu he came back with was great, cheaper than we had discussed which was a bonus and there was definitely something to appeal to everyone. Before we went in his communication was great and even some adjustments to the menus were no problem at all.
On the evening we arrived at 7.00pm and enjoyed an hour of half price cocktails while everyone arrived and dinner was served promptly at 8.00 pm as arranged! It was great pre ordering as no-one had to wait around on the evening.
Considering the size of our group all the food was served hot and all the food was delicious! The portion sizes were really good, especially the confit of duck with pomegranate and fig salad which a lot of us had as a starter! The service was fantastic and the girls really couldn't do enough for us!
I think I can speak for the whole group when I say we would be happy to go again as we were made to feel very welcome and everyone had a really enjoyable evening.
Thank you so much to all the staff at Seven fish for helping to make my sisters hen weekend as good as it was!

There are newer reviews for Seven Fish - Ringwood

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wanted to take my elderly mother out for Sunday lunch where I could use my tastecard. I searched using my Tastecard Iphone app and found that Seven Fish took the card all day on Sundays. Reading the reviews on Tastecard and checking further with TripAdvisor, I decided to give it a go. I was concerned about parking as my mother is only able to walk short distances .I booked ahead and the young lady was very helpful advising on the restaurant location and my options for parking. We were lucky as on arrival there was a short section of disabled parking close to the restaurant that I was able to use. We were welcomed into the restaurant by friendly staff and able to select our table as there was only about six other couples dining. The menue gave a good selection of interesting food and we were given a 'specials' menu that was also written on a blackboard. My mother cannot always manage a starter, so I ordered her pork scratchings and apple sauce (they were good, she loved them), whilst I had a warm chicken, black pudding and chorizo salad to enjoy as a starter. We followed with mains of roast chicken with cherry tomatoes and saute potatoes, sea bass with white bean cassoulet both freshly cooked and nicely presented. New Forest Ice Cream and B&B Pudding finished the meal off nicely. The young ladies serving were friendly and helpful. An enjoyable Sunday lunch, along with 3 glasses of wine cost us £41, a saving of £21 off the usual price with our 2 for 1 tastecard food discount. Worth a visit, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sevenfish was a great experience! Booked for a table of 8, everyone had a great time. The food was top quality and well worth the money. We had been unsure of where to go to celebrate another birthday, but this was by far the best choice in the area. Service was fast, polite and first class. The food was well presented, great tasting and the whole place felt vibrant and warm. Definitely going again for next year, and most likely before then.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

When dining with friends recently we were rather disappointed, having heard both good and bad reports from other friends. The waitress was very pleasant although rather too keen to take our order. The menu seemed rather limited, not as much fish as we had expected. We ate from the 2/3 course fixed price menu (£14/18) - value for money. The plaice was greasy and the "saute potatoes" were merely new potatoes quickly flashed in oil. Vegetables were extra (£3) and served in a dish not much bigger than a ramekin. We won;t be hurrying back. Lots of other restaurants in Ringwood to try!

1  Thank BORING-OLDS
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently took my Girlfriend and Parents to the wine tasting evening and was thoroughly impressed, the 5 course meal was light and full of flavour, the Scallop starter was my own personal highlight but every course was enjoyed by all. The wine served with each course really complimented the food and the staff were really attentive and constantly topped up the glasses!! The whole evening is exceptionally good value at £40 and can't recommend it enough, looking forward to the next one!!