“Enjoyable Sunday Lunch”
Review of Seven Fish - Ringwood - CLOSED

Seven Fish - Ringwood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of two Seven Fish locations. The other is in Midhurst.
Highcliffe, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wanted to take my elderly mother out for Sunday lunch where I could use my tastecard. I searched using my Tastecard Iphone app and found that Seven Fish took the card all day on Sundays. Reading the reviews on Tastecard and checking further with TripAdvisor, I decided to give it a go. I was concerned about parking as my mother is only able to walk short distances .I booked ahead and the young lady was very helpful advising on the restaurant location and my options for parking. We were lucky as on arrival there was a short section of disabled parking close to the restaurant that I was able to use. We were welcomed into the restaurant by friendly staff and able to select our table as there was only about six other couples dining. The menue gave a good selection of interesting food and we were given a 'specials' menu that was also written on a blackboard. My mother cannot always manage a starter, so I ordered her pork scratchings and apple sauce (they were good, she loved them), whilst I had a warm chicken, black pudding and chorizo salad to enjoy as a starter. We followed with mains of roast chicken with cherry tomatoes and saute potatoes, sea bass with white bean cassoulet both freshly cooked and nicely presented. New Forest Ice Cream and B&B Pudding finished the meal off nicely. The young ladies serving were friendly and helpful. An enjoyable Sunday lunch, along with 3 glasses of wine cost us £41, a saving of £21 off the usual price with our 2 for 1 tastecard food discount. Worth a visit, we enjoyed it.

southampton, uk
“Excellent food & great venue”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sevenfish was a great experience! Booked for a table of 8, everyone had a great time. The food was top quality and well worth the money. We had been unsure of where to go to celebrate another birthday, but this was by far the best choice in the area. Service was fast, polite and first class. The food was well presented, great tasting and the whole place felt vibrant and warm. Definitely going again for next year, and most likely before then.

hampshire, england
“Average”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

When dining with friends recently we were rather disappointed, having heard both good and bad reports from other friends. The waitress was very pleasant although rather too keen to take our order. The menu seemed rather limited, not as much fish as we had expected. We ate from the 2/3 course fixed price menu (£14/18) - value for money. The plaice was greasy and the "saute potatoes" were merely new potatoes quickly flashed in oil. Vegetables were extra (£3) and served in a dish not much bigger than a ramekin. We won;t be hurrying back. Lots of other restaurants in Ringwood to try!

1 Thank BORING-OLDS
London, England, United Kingdom
“Wine Tasting”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently took my Girlfriend and Parents to the wine tasting evening and was thoroughly impressed, the 5 course meal was light and full of flavour, the Scallop starter was my own personal highlight but every course was enjoyed by all. The wine served with each course really complimented the food and the staff were really attentive and constantly topped up the glasses!! The whole evening is exceptionally good value at £40 and can't recommend it enough, looking forward to the next one!!

• Visited October 2012
Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Me and my husband thought that we would try out Seven fish as we had heard good things from our friends about it. Unfortunately it wasn't a great experience. We went to the tasting menu last week with great expectations. Well in short it didn't deliver.Every single dish that we had we found was bland,disappointing and lacked seasoning.When meeting the head chef ,i had to turn away a couple of times because all i could smell was the stench of cigarettes on his breath. We're not ones for complaining in restaurants, so we'd rather not go back.

• Visited October 2012