“Eat here and you’ll be paying for convenience and complacency.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Shoot

The Red Shoot
Ranked #20 of 66 Restaurants in Ringwood
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the heart of the New Forest, with its own micro-brewery producing 3 ales - Toms Tipple 4.8%, New Forest Gold 3.8% & Red White & Brew 4.0% and a dark mild Muddy Boot 4.2% We have an extensive homecooked menu to suit all tastes, which is served all day throughout the school holidays and weekends (times vary out of season)Outdoor seating area with views over the forest3 Beer Festivals a year April, July & OctoberLive bands every Sunday nightWeekly Quiz on Thursday night from 9.00pmFamilies, Dogs and Muddy Boots Welcome!
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Eat here and you’ll be paying for convenience and complacency.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We visited here for some food after a lovely walk in the surrounding forest. While the décor was inviting the staff were less so. To be fair the younger members of staff were enthusiastic, but the others were rude and more interested in checking phones (not so secretly hidden in the glass wash room) and point scoring with other members of staff. Food was distinctly average, but the price was less so. Happy to pay less for the food but with the menu’s average price around the £15 mark I really was expecting more than soggy veg and reheated roast (or should I say fried) potatoes. Waited for 10 minutes at an empty bar to settle the bill, but the service received barely warranted paying.

3 Thank Justacoupleoutwalkin

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very dissapointing”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went for a meal on a Sunday afternoon (after eating here on quite a few occasions and never a bad meal)

We were very dissapointed with our food. I ordered 2 beef roast dinners, which I was told sorry we don't have any left. The time was 4.00. I thought a little strange but then thought they could have just had a really busy day.

I over heard another customer they would have to wait 45 minutes for a pie as it was home made.

We re looked at the menu and decided to go for the burgers (something quick and simple)

I have to say this is one of the worst meals I have ever had. The burger wasn't cooked, the chips had been reheated and soggy and the coleslaw was room temperature. I'm not usually one for complaining but it was terrible.

I did not eat my meal. I should have said something at the time but I felt sick and just wanted to leave.

After much thought I emailed the pub directly to let them know about our experience there. I was not doing it for a free meal but to just tell them how we felt after eating there a few times. we were a little shocked.

They were very quick to respond with an apology, They asked for my telephone number so they could refund my meal and offer me a complimentary meal free of charge.

I am still waiting for the call and I the email I recieved was on the 3rd March!!!

It's such a shame. It used to be very good. I don't know what's happened?!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank sarahdobdob
Coventry
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the campsite and went for a meal on a Thursday evening in March. My friend had liver and bacon. The bacon was very good and the liver perfectly cooked. I had camembert, mushroom and chestnut crumble which was very tasty. Both meals came with perfectly cooked vegetables. Staff were friendly and service efficient. The dog was welcomed. We are both very gimmicky so this is praise indeed.

Visited March 2014
UK
“Bad”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We waited an hour for our food, I had fish and chips, the fish was non existant, as the price for this was over £10, I sent it back. They replaced the fish, but just refried the chips which were then almost burnt, infact my food was so bad they didnt charge me for it. My husband had a burger which he said tasted like a cheap burger from Iceland. We are a retired couple and eat out quite a lot but we wont be eating there again.

3 Thank Jools08
Kent
“Great Pub in Fab area”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

After reading reviews on trip advisor decided to go walking in the forest in the Linwood area with a view to having a spot of lunch at the Red Shoot. We went on a lovely walk through the forest to Milkham (about a circular 7 miles). I must say the views in this area are stunning!! We stopped and had a ploughmans lunch and food was excellent. Also bar staff were very friendly and didnot even raise an eyebrow when I had a blonde moment and spilt a bottle of vingear all over the table. Would definately recommend and hope to go back again when in the area.