“Really good pub, great ales and hearty food”
Review of The Red Shoot

The Red Shoot
Ranked #28 of 73 Restaurants in Ringwood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of the New Forest, with its own micro-brewery producing 3 ales - Toms Tipple 4.8%, New Forest Gold 3.8% & Red White & Brew 4.0% and a dark mild Muddy Boot 4.2% We have an extensive homecooked menu to suit all tastes, which is served all day throughout the school holidays and weekends (times vary out of season)Outdoor seating area with views over the forest3 Beer Festivals a year April, July & OctoberLive bands every Sunday nightWeekly Quiz on Thursday night from 9.00pmFamilies, Dogs and Muddy Boots Welcome!
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Thoroughly recommend the Red Shoots pub for dinner, we ate there twice, both very good meals, I had a massive special burger with hash brown and egg one night, then fresh fish and chips the next night. My wife did well with a jacket potato and cheese one night then cheese Ploughmans. They have their own micro-brewery so I enjoyed their own ales, especially the Red White and Brew, plenty of cider and lager options too. The staff were always polite and friendly especially when they were really busy for a Halloween party night.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

After extensive searching we decided to visit the red shoot on the last day of what now was a hell of a weekend. Looking at reviews we were happy that dogs were allowed and the fact that it brewed its own beer happy days! We booked ahead and when we arrived staff were friendly but what is it with owners of small dogs? Yes ours is big and grumpy but to have the door slammed in your face! Menu was ok and specials were limited, burger was to be honest a little boring but the gammon steak was excellent . Beer!! Only serving one house brew!!! Had to resort to Henry's .
Overall busy, friendly staff, and ok pub grub

1  Thank paul c
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been visiting the Red Shoot for over twenty years, but I can safely say that it is now a shadow of it's former self. The very "safe" menu that is anything but extensive is still apparently beyond the cook, I won't call them a chef, as they quite obviously aren't! After being told that a few parts to some dishes like pitta bread, & poppadoms were unavailable & that if we ordered those meals then you just "wouldn't get those bits of the meal" & that the scampi was sold out, we settled on lasagne & a Red Shoot burger. The lasagne was bland & had no béchamel sauce at all, making it very dry. My burger was salty & served with chips, & dollop of coleslaw & not so much as even a garnish, not much of an effort had obviously been made on the presentation!

The staff however were very polite & helpful & the beer was good, but the kitchen needs a major shake up & a better effort of a menu is required. I will not be wasting my money eating here again, until I hear an improvement has been made & judging by several of the other comments on this page I'm not the only one that thinks it!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a very rare place, where can you find really friendly staff, home cooked food to an extremely high standard and where you can kick back with your dog, kids and very muddy boots !!!! there is always a reason for not being able to go into a pub but this has it all. No pressure just great people and excellent food.

It is only 4 miles from Ringwood and the beauty is that you are truly in the middle of the forest... if you want chain food and loads of traffic then go to Bournemouth... this pub is all about going back to what a pub should be...Christmas will be great and I for one will be booking early as I know with good live music and all the festive trimmings the pressures of life will fade just for a while... Thank you The Red Shoot.....

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stopped here on route from Devon to the Isle of Wight and asked if we could bring the dog in, no problem at all. Had a couple of beers, sampled the in house tons tipple which was great. Friendly staff and friendly clientele. We will definitely return. Thanks