“Perfect !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ringwood
Glen Avon Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed here a few times now as we have family in the area, the room is a self contained unit conversion above the garage. Which means it is very private and very quiet.

Spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable. We have a little boy( 6) and he found plenty to keep him occupied - DVD's Games, Toys, Books. The main room is upstairs ( stair gate available if needed)
and a lovely pristine shower/ toilet downstairs.

The entrance is separate from the main house which makes life easier when coming and going.

plenty of fresh fruit, biscuits tea, coffee and most importantly fresh milk ! We choose not to have breakfast so i cant comment on that, but many positive comments can be found in the visitors book. We even had a Christmas tree this time !

The owners are friendly and helpful, but respectful of your privacy also.

I cant praise this B&B enough - no doubt we will be back soon.

Room Tip: great for a family - close to the Forest but near to Ringwood itself.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle F

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I can't praise Glen Avon and their owners (Jo and Jim) enough. I was playing golf the next day and simply needed somewhere to put my head down for the night .... what I got surpassed all expectations! The accommodation is a self-contained suite big enough for a couple or even a small family. I was greeted by Jo and introduced to Jim (making Thunderbird floats in the garden for the upcoming Ringwoog carnival). They were chatty and friendly without being overbearing (which I have experienced in some bed and breakfasts). The main room was well appointed, including fresh fruit, tea/coffee facilities (with fresh milk) and a comfortable lounge area with 2 sofas and a TV & DVD player. My night's sleep was wonderful, helped by the quiet location, the blackout blinds and a really comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean with a great shower. The breakfast was something else .... fruit, cereal and fruit juice followed by a very full English breakfast then toast with a selection of jams (including lemon curd). Overall: fabulous, faultless and such good value. I'll be back if I'm ever in the area!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Eddie R
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for five nights towards the end of June 2012 to attend a family wedding. We had been on a large tour and were quite honestly very tired. Jo and her husband(and the cute dog) were most welcoming and it was lovely to have a home away from home!! The room was tastefully decorated, with a comfortable large bed, and good area for resting, watching tv or entertaining. Cleaning was to an impeccable standard and our room was serviced very very well, even extra fruit etc
for us on the day we chose not have breakfast. Great to have a private entrance for when we returned home late. I quote my partner, "the breakfast was fit for a king", which I think is quite the compliment considering he is a chef. A heartfelt thank you to Jo and her husband for an excellent time. It's all the little things that you have thought of that made this an exceptional stay!
Thanks again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 62Love2travel
Reviewed November 26, 2011

A wonderful, friendly, family run B&B just outside Ringwood town centre (10 Minute walk). The accommodation is spotless and the facilities are superior to many of the hotels I have stayed in.

The room had plenty of fresh fruit and tea/coffee making facilities, with enough biscuits for 4 people and I was the ony one staying! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room and washroom were both spotless, and the full English breakfast was both plentiful and cooked to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble for Jo and her husband and all this for only £30 per night!

A smashing family and I wish them continued success in their foray into the B&B market; at this rate they will be fully booked all year round.

Many thanks,

John

Room Tip: If you staying anywhere near Ringwood, look no further than Glen Avon!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank JohnBailey3939
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just got back from Ringwood. I had to write about my stay. Accommodation was great and breakfast was fantastic with as much choice as I would expect from a really good hotel. There was even a bowl of fruit in my room as well as at breakfast. I was made very welcome and Jo could everything to make my stay a good one. Highly recommended. Be aware though that if You are over 6 ft you would need to know that some of the ceiling is low. Cleaning could not be faulted. I look forward to going with my wife next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo