Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Never-ending Awe

Reviewed yesterday
thelordjames
Surrey, United Kingdom

All reviews birds of prey flying display flying experience beautiful birds reptile display bird show sand pit brought round toasted sandwich perch rescue centre different species small cafe rainy day gift shop cafe on site family ticket
Reviewed yesterday

I'll be honest, this place was much better then I thought it would be. That's because I have pretty low expectations of anything in general, I guess, but it was a rainy day, I hadn't slept well and from the outside it didn't look like much. But I was so wrong...

What I expected to be around an 1 or 2 max stay turned into half a day at least, and was punctuated by visits to the reptiles when it was raining and the back out to the birds when it wasn't.

Every turn seemed to yield more birds. I ran down 2 batteries on my camera and even got to touch a few select birds during the informative, near-private, show at midday.

Eventually tiredness and hunger won through, although there did seem to be a small eatery there we decided to move on and explore another area of the New Forest.

Well worth the money.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Its thrilling to see these beautiful birds up close. The site is not large and might be a bit crowded in the summer and during school holidays, but don't let that be a put off.
There a two different flying displays a day - both are well worth seeing. The arena where the flying displays.are held has seats all around and the birds fly up really close and sit on the low rail in front of the seats, a real thrill.
There is also an indoor introduction to snakes and spiders, the creatures are out of their cages but visitors are not allowed to touch them.

There is a small cafe for drinks and snacks, and a picnic area if you prefer to bring your own.
Its a great place to visit, but arrive early as parking is a bit limited.

1  Thank jaysee03
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of owls and raptors housed at this Centre. Not a very big site but well maintained. The flying display was entertaining and unusual.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Excellent visit very impressed with the whole place will definitely recommend to others and I will be returning myself sometime soon

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This place has a large number of beautiful birds and reptiles and is really worth spending a few hours here. The way that the birds are kept gives you the chance to get really close to them. I am not usually big on places where animals are in cages but they are all clearly well looked after and are flown regularly. They also do lots of work here to rescue birds who are at risk too. The price is very reasonable as you also get a brilliant flying display too with different birds where they will land close to you. The keepers are also very knowledgeable and down to earth too and will definitely be back again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We had been to Liberty's before, and enjoyed it so much we took our adult sons.
Liberty's is run by people who have a passion for their work and are very knowledgeable.
There are plenty of stunning birds to cast your eyes over, with some of them out of cages atop perches on one of the lawns.
The flight displays are a must see with one of the staff flying 3 to 4 birds whilst telling you all about them.
The birds are encouraged to land on perches or the low rail fence in front of the seats around the field so that you can get an up close view of these magnificent creature. I would suggest either sitting near a perch or one of the green mats on the rail to get up close views.Mind you they sometimes fly a couple of feet across the top of your head. To watch these birds in flight is awesome. especially if you are luck enough to catch a show with the hawk diving in for the lure the guide spins around his head. Adults and children alike should enjoy a trip here. We will certainly be going back.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Afternoon out with my other half. The centre is very local to us, always drive past it so decided to visit. The place is a lot more bigger than expected and the selection of birds is amazing. I love owls and it was really interesting to read a lot about them. We attended the midday show where we saw an owl and couple of falcons out - it was a really good experience. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Badglarr
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Our first visit to the centre and we enjoyed seeing such a large variety of birds, the flying display was the best part for me as the trainer was very knowledgeable and the birds were beautiful.
Our concern was the size of the enclosures for the birds and some of the reptiles as they didn't look like they had much room to move about.

2  Thank Maxine C
Reviewed September 16, 2018

we were staying in the area for a few days and had seen the reviews so we visited, we were not disappointed it was first class the birds were lovely ,and the display in the flying field was unbelievable .

1  Thank terrybbartlett
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Close up encounters and knowledgeable staff. And not so big as to overwhelm you. Good for a half day trip. Bring your own food if you like but the little cafe looked good with authentic food.