“Lovely building, great staff. Well worth a visit!”

The Old Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 73 Restaurants in Ringwood
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: About us A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Cottage, a well established family run restaurant in the market town of Ringwood. The restaurant is one of the oldest buildings in Ringwood. Thought to be built around the 14th Century it is full of Olde Worlde Charm with warm fires in the winter and riverside dining in the summer.
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Family of 5 visit. We had a wonderful meal and the service was great. Awesome bit of history which is well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Large menu - fish dishes to delight, as well as other foods. Excellant service, friendly atmosphere .

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Finally I get round to writing this review after I have meant to for the last couple of months. Cannot understand why this restaurant is rated as #12 in Ringwood, in my book it should be #1 with five extra stars.

I cannot praise the Old Cottage enough. The first time I went was on a Groupon deal and I was impressed enough to book again on my first Wedding Anniversary. We LOVE the food (especialy the melt-in-the-mouth Lamb Shanks), haven't had a dish there so far that hasn't blown us away.

The atmosphere and character of the restaurant are English with a capital "E". Quaint and traditional, and VERY good value for money.

My wife and I spent such a lovely anniversary, not only with our wonderful meal but also chatting the evening away with the waitress (wish I could remember her name) and later on the chef who also came out and nattered with us.

I just know that whenever we go to the Old Cottage we will be welcomed as old friends (despite living 150 miles away)and we'll have a meal we will be talking about right up until the next time we go.

If traditional, homely, fantastic food is what you're after, GO ! (just dont take the last table when I want to go !!)

3  Thank Andy S
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I visited this restaurant with 2 colleagues after a morning out at Moors Valley, I found it on the internet with my love for old pubs, I chose this one... (it is a typical old pub, which has not been updated much, but I like this!) The lady behind the bar was very helpful and friendly... The food choice was vast, it was hard to choose! My colleague is a vegetarian and was delighted to see the huge amount on offer!! We ordered the rack of lamb, mushroom risotto and the aberdeen angus steak, all cooked to perfection and tasted superb!
I would definitely return to this pub if we were in the are again, and would recommend it to everyone!

3  Thank NAPAJK
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Food - old fashioned.
Decor - dated
Service - mediocre
The whole place, menu, food choices needs a shake up and bringing into the 21st century

3  Thank PennyS17