“Great Indian take-away with a small, cosy restaurant.”
Review of Masala

Masala
Ranked #37 of 72 Restaurants in Ringwood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service here is great, the staff are very friendly and although they haven't got a licence they let you bring your own alcohol and they don't charge corkage. The food is lovely and reasonably priced with a good selection of dishes including vegetarian options. We went with a group of friends and had a very enjoyable evening and like the way the staff don't hurray you so we could chat without feeling rushed. The eating area is very small and can only seat about 20 people but when we were there only one other table was being used which was unusual for a Saturday night. As it is so small it would be worth booking, we had a range of dishes and they were all excellent so I can't recommend any one dish although the mixed grill did look lovely but it was huge.

1  Thank FluffyFiFi

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I live near Salisbury and would happily drive from there to Ringwood to get a Curry from Masala.
They also do delivery and often arrives long before the estimated time.
Absolutely brilliant.

1  Thank Salisbury_Da
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been having "Take Aways" from the Masala since we moved to Dorset from Surrey some 3 years ago. The food is superb and compares very favourably with the best that Surrey has to offer. I have not been into the premises as I believe that it is not really a sit down restaurant with only a couple of tables. However the food is really great if you want Take Away. The service can be a bit erratic though, depending at what time you order and how busy they are. All in all great food.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went here on my own for a meal early on a weeknight, the place was completely empty so cant really give an opinion on the atmosphere! The dining area is very small with only half a dozen tables and almost claustrophobic as the ceiling is quite low too,
The waiter immediately advised me that they did not have a licence so could only provide soft drinks (not an issue as I was driving anyway) and I thought I'd try it anyway.
The menu was reasoanle and gave a good choice, the waiter gave advice on the popular dishes and how hot they were.
The food was served quickly and was very nice, Just what you would expect from a place like this. The takeaway part of the business was busy but no one came in to eat-in while I was there.
Overall it was ok, would go back for a take-away but maybe not for a sit in meal.

1  Thank Niseach16
Reviewed December 7, 2012

What I call a good "old fashoined " Indian ....bring your own alcohol and the food brought back memories of good tasty food ( try the Gram Spice - choc full of flavours, absolutely delicious !)

1  Thank binsybaby