“Ringwood Inn, comfortable, real ale and small”

original white hart
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ringwood
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From outside the Original White Hart looks like a traditional inn, welcoming and full of customers enjoying a post work drink. i went to reception and was efficiently checked in, told where to park (I had parked on the road in front when there was a car park to the rear) given a parking sign to put in my car and informed about breakfast.
After driving my car round and I went to my room. Now, like most inns, this place has some rooms in the main building, above the pub. But it also has a detached block to the rear beside the car park with a few more rooms which was where mine was. The room I had was fitted with most things I would expect - double bed. modern TV, ensuite bathroom, desk, wardrobe, free bottle of mineral water, nice Neutrogena toiletries in the ensuite, kettle with tea/coffee/biscuits and the whole room was very clean. However, the room was small, It was smaller than hotel rooms I have used in Tokyo. There was enough room to walk around the bed on all sides, but if I had a few pieces of luggage, I would have struggled. The Original White Hart may have larger rooms in the main building, so it might be worth enquiring.
For me I was only here one night and wanted a good priced room, that was clean and tidy, which is what I got. The room also had a bit of a "US Motel" feel. Not in the room itself, just when I went in or left, as you come out into the car park, but that's not a major concern as the entrance to the main building is only a few yards away.
I went for a wander around Ringwood and the White Hart is centrally located, easy to walk to the other pubs or restaurants in the locale. After the walk I had a meal in the Inn bar. It was served quickly and was fine. The bar also had three of the local Ringwood brewery beers on, good for Real Ale fans!
I had a comfortable night in the room, the ensuite, by the way was a good size, not small. I had a cooked breakfast in the main building the next day which was served quickly and very good. Croissants, fruit, cereals, yogurt, tea, coffee and fruit juices are available too.
Overall I had a pleasant stay in the Inn, the staff were pleasant and helpful, next time I might enquire about a larger room, but overall I would recommend the Original White Hart in Ringwood as a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank historyneverrepeats

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Rather a scruffy old hotel desperately in need of renovation. The staff are nice enough but not overly helpful or friendly. The food in the restaurant was very basic and the breakfast less than ordinary. The room was ok. The beds were comfy and the room was spacious, no complaints over the bathroom, again quite spacious but the hand basin was useless, much too small.
It seemed as if they tried to give as much as they could within their budget but fell woefully short.
Altogether not a very nice experience and I for one will not be returning.I have had much better value for £50.00 per night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Original White Hart is right smack bang in the centre of Ringwood so getting most places in and around the town is pretty easy. Guest rooms are located both within the main pub building or outside in an annex, if you are inside you get a key for access out of hours. My room was inside the pub and a single room. It was very compact with little space if you have a large suitcase. Apart from that the bed was comfortable, the bathroom adequate and you were provided with tea/coffee and a flat-screen tv fitted with free-view channels. The whole place has free WiFi.
Breakfast is provided in a side room to the main bar areas and is pretty good with fruit, yoghurt, cereals and cooked food to chose from whilst meals for later in the day are pretty standard pub fayre. being a pub it has some good beers on tap.
The pub is a busy place so you need to bear that in mind if you are considering this place but overall I think it is a good place for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Absolutly lovely place to stay really nice room and very friendly bar staff I think the managers know what they are doing as the pub is being run very smooth

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Tezza90
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

At first the staff were very unhelpful, the woman that checked me in seemed very miserable and rude.. I sat down to have some food in the evening, it was quick to arrive, very quick which made me wonder if it was microwaved, the Pasta seemed hard and dry on the edges which added to my thoughts. My room seem reasonably clean at first but upon closer inspection seemed to have been tidied in a rush, accompanied by a strange odour and loud noise from the pub below. Do not come here if you're looking for any sleep, to be honest I was up all night which doesn't help when you're on an important business trip. Also having a shower in the morning would have been easier if basic toiletries had been provided I.e shampoo, conditioner and body wash, there was some in the bathroom but they seemed to be half empty leftovers from previous users.

All in all ringwood is a lovely town with some fantastic places to eat out and visit but this place does it no justice.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the White Hart recently for one night. It was a last minute booking so we got a very good rate. We stayed in a family room (all they had left) which was clean and reasonably spacious. It was situated in a separate building at the back of the property, up a steep flight of stairs. Check in (and out) took a little time as the staff were busy doing other things (understandable bearing in mind its a busy pub) but they were pleasant and helpful. We were slightly concerned about possible noise from the pub but we were hardly disturbed at all, and had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little cramped but it had modern fittings and instant hot water. Breakfast was very good - both service and food. All in all an enjoyable stay. Strongly recommended if you are looking for centrally located reasonably priced no frills accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The Hotel is set in the heart of the Ringwood Market town and is perfect for visiting, Paulton's Park, Beaulieu, Go Ape and the Country Park and close enough to the Bournemouth Blue flag beaches. The family room we had was perfect for the 3 of us, yes there were tired patches, that could do with a spruce up. Our beds were clean and fresh and very comfortable. The Breakfast was very good and the bar menu was extensive and reasonably priced. I had the best tasting onion Bhaji's that I have ever eaten on the Curry Combo starter, sadly no one came to ask if we enjoyed our meal, so I was unable to share this good feedback. My husband was less fortunate and said it was the worst piece of steak he had ever eaten, I tried to encourage him to send it back but this was very difficult because as I say no one came to check on us.

When we tried to check out there was no one in reception, no one in the bar and the cleaner was reluctant to accept our keys, even though I assured her we had paid.

Despite this I give it a very good rating because of location, free parking, apart from the steak the food was "very good"

My only grumble was the toilet had been used and the deposits left, which is unacceptable.

The opinion I have of the hotel is good, I just get the feeling that the people running it are not as passionate about the service as they could and should be.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the high street are very noisy, no double glazing and particularly on Wednesday...