“Brill”

original white hart
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ringwood
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Absolutly lovely place to stay really nice room and very friendly bar staff I think the managers know what they are doing as the pub is being run very smooth

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Tezza90

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

At first the staff were very unhelpful, the woman that checked me in seemed very miserable and rude.. I sat down to have some food in the evening, it was quick to arrive, very quick which made me wonder if it was microwaved, the Pasta seemed hard and dry on the edges which added to my thoughts. My room seem reasonably clean at first but upon closer inspection seemed to have been tidied in a rush, accompanied by a strange odour and loud noise from the pub below. Do not come here if you're looking for any sleep, to be honest I was up all night which doesn't help when you're on an important business trip. Also having a shower in the morning would have been easier if basic toiletries had been provided I.e shampoo, conditioner and body wash, there was some in the bathroom but they seemed to be half empty leftovers from previous users.

All in all ringwood is a lovely town with some fantastic places to eat out and visit but this place does it no justice.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the White Hart recently for one night. It was a last minute booking so we got a very good rate. We stayed in a family room (all they had left) which was clean and reasonably spacious. It was situated in a separate building at the back of the property, up a steep flight of stairs. Check in (and out) took a little time as the staff were busy doing other things (understandable bearing in mind its a busy pub) but they were pleasant and helpful. We were slightly concerned about possible noise from the pub but we were hardly disturbed at all, and had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little cramped but it had modern fittings and instant hot water. Breakfast was very good - both service and food. All in all an enjoyable stay. Strongly recommended if you are looking for centrally located reasonably priced no frills accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The Hotel is set in the heart of the Ringwood Market town and is perfect for visiting, Paulton's Park, Beaulieu, Go Ape and the Country Park and close enough to the Bournemouth Blue flag beaches. The family room we had was perfect for the 3 of us, yes there were tired patches, that could do with a spruce up. Our beds were clean and fresh and very comfortable. The Breakfast was very good and the bar menu was extensive and reasonably priced. I had the best tasting onion Bhaji's that I have ever eaten on the Curry Combo starter, sadly no one came to ask if we enjoyed our meal, so I was unable to share this good feedback. My husband was less fortunate and said it was the worst piece of steak he had ever eaten, I tried to encourage him to send it back but this was very difficult because as I say no one came to check on us.

When we tried to check out there was no one in reception, no one in the bar and the cleaner was reluctant to accept our keys, even though I assured her we had paid.

Despite this I give it a very good rating because of location, free parking, apart from the steak the food was "very good"

My only grumble was the toilet had been used and the deposits left, which is unacceptable.

The opinion I have of the hotel is good, I just get the feeling that the people running it are not as passionate about the service as they could and should be.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the high street are very noisy, no double glazing and particularly on Wednesday...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at the original white hart I found it to be value for money, I had a family room two adults two children the beds were made with crisp white sheets the room was clean, the bathroom was clean it did have some mould on the cealing but it was very clean, the towels were white fluffy soft towels, overall it was comfortable and very clean. The food was also very good it was fresh and hot, the service was also very good, I would stay again the next time I visit family.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Clairejames1977
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I live locally and booked several rooms for visiting family and arranged a family meal here. Some of the Trip Advisor reviews were very negative so I popped down & checked the actual rooms out. All were extremely clean anf fresh with crisp white linen on the beds so we kept the bookings. The web site pictures don't do the rooms justice at all.
All family members were very pleased with the accomodation, the rooms were initially cold but warmed up straight away once the heating was turned on. Everyone agreed that they were extremely comfortable.
Our family meal (for 18) was done in a seperate room from the bar & we didn't need to pre-order, just pick straight from the menu. The food is standard pub grub but hot & swiftly served up. All happy.
I popped back to see them all in the morning - the full English breakfast looked lovely although I didn't have any. There was also cereal, pastries & fruit on offer.
Apparently it was a little noisy outside so maybe request a room at the back but otherwise this was excellent value for a town centre hotel.
The staff were extremely flexible letting me bring in my own champagne & cake.
I would say book this hotel without worries. I stay away a lot & wish everywhere paid as much attention to detail as here.

Room Tip: Ask for the four poster room but if you want peace and quiet request a room in the lodge at the back...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Me & my husband stayed here this weekend and it was really lovely. When we arrived we were greeted warmly on arrival. When arriving in our room it was clean and pleasentIly presentable. The bathroom was spotless and the toilet very clean. The bed very comfortable, the bedding was white crisp clean sheets. If I was to be extraordinarily picking I had the small problem of getting the wardrobe door fully open in room 4 but this wasn't a big issue in my book. The other small issue was the hairdryer didn't work but I had my own travel hairdryer. The window in the bathroom vibrated when there was a gust of wind during the night but wasn't a problematic. The breakfast was one of the best breakfasts I've had and I have lived and travelled the world and I got to say this was the nicest, there was even a tv on the wall so you could watch the morning news, these touches was homely. Staff were polite hardworking at all times. Now from what I understand this inn has been recently taken over and I have to say the management worked tirelessly to looked after the running of the bar and inn. Yes there will always be small teething troubles when new management arrive as they tirelessly put things right and carrying on there hard work this is going to have 100% reviews I'm sure. Well done to all the team of the original white hart. Jackie

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Spleen2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Woodlands

Been to original white hart? Share your experiences!