Our room was the Ashby Suite. It was stylishily decorated with dark wood furniture and a big bed. The bathroom stole the show, though. It had an enormous bath tub (big enough for 2!) and was flatteringly lit. The bedroom was on the small side but as it was just me and my husband and we were out most of the time we didn't find this a problem and it was still a delight to come home to after a busy day. The room was cosy and nice and warm. There was a tv on the wall, ut its DTV which I believe is through a wireless internet signal and the tv signal was intermittent. It isn't clear but there is a DVD player attached so we watched a film in bed after dinner which was a treat! It was a pain to use my hairdryer as the only plug socket was under a table so we were constantly swapping phone chargers, camera chargers, and hair dryer around
Breakfast was delicious. The sausages and bacon were excellent quality and we really enjoyed it (cereals, yoghurt and fruit also available). Breakfast is onl availale 8:30 - 9:30 so set you alarm! The room was dimly lit which was weird when eating breakfast. Not much natural light.
We had dinner in the bar/pub part of this establishment on our first night. It is a traditional English pub with a roaring fire and wooden beams. The food was outstanding! Really really delicious, good quality, fine food. The only downside was I could only eat 2 meals on the whole menu as I am gluten free and both were chicken which wasn't a problem for me but if you happen to be veggie too then you were stuck. One night I wanted a desert and everything on the menu was made with wheat. In the end the manager said he thought they had some raspberry sorbet which was nice but as it was winter I would have preferred something warm. I mentioned to them that I found it hard to eat here because of their lack of gluten free options so hopefully chef will consider the menu more carefully next season.
The hotel claims it is "dog friendly" and we seemed to be the only people without a dog! Despite this there was no nasty dog hair anywhere and the rooms were spotless and smelled lovely.
Also, there is NO PHONE RECEPTION and wifi is only available (weak signal) if you sit in the corridor outside the toilets. To me this is ridiculous and a major flaw in their business. Some people may enjoy turning their phone off and being away from civilization but this should be their choice not something they have to do because the hotel haven't bothered to get a router with a wide enough range or another phone line.
1. Bring a DVD or 2 to watch snuggled up in bed after dinner
2. Set your alarm for breakfast so you don't miss it!! Remember, it is the most important meal of the day and is delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The High Corner Inn is located in the Beautiful New Forest. The pub and hotel is a magical place full of wild ponies amazing walks and beautiful birds of pray, We also have a out door children play area and a beautiful garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your High Corner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Corner Hotel Ringwood
- High Corner Inn Ringwood, New Forest National Park Hampshire