“A fantastic good old fashioned pub with great food /accomadation and friendly staff”
Review of High Corner Inn

High Corner Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed for one night and could not fault a thing. It's VERY dog friendly, a great atmosphere, great food. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The price of the accomadation was more than reasonable. We walked for miles in the stunning surroundings of the forest and really felt that we'd had a break. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for High Corner Inn

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at the High Corner Inn upon a recommendation from a friend & it was well worth the drive! I had read negative reviews about the food, all of which I am pleased to say we're not accurate. Good menu & specials board, fresh, good portion sizes. Room was very clean, crisp clean towels and bed linen, nice & warm, big bed, huge bath which I could have stayed in all weekend! The inn is located within vast woodland perfect for both long or short walks, family fun, dogs & horses. The staff are all so lovely, best customer service in long time. There was a large family with grown up children that come all the way from Peterborough a few times of year to stay and I can see why! I didn't want to come home & will definitely go back. Beautiful place all year round with villages to visit & attractions 20 min drive.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We absolutely love it....along with the setting, the forest wildlife, the staff etc. A very friendly, comfortable and accommodating place and extremely dog friendly....a day at the New Forest Show, followed by a shower back at High Corner, then dinner, a lovely walk in the forest on a summers evening then back to the bar for a drink a friendly chat with the locals *****

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have just returned from a weekend with my husband, the location is beautiful, off the beaten track up a gravel track. The pub is tired and in need of an overhaul. When I arrived I went straight to the toilets, not good, the actual toilets and sinks are clean but the floor behind the toilets was very dirty, thick with fluff and god knows what else, the pedestals’ on the toilet were grim to say the least.

There is plenty of seating outside but it was all over the place, not tidy. The pub allows dogs in but there is defiantly a distinct odour of dog in the pub which is quite unpleasant.

We ordered lunch as we were starving put having seen the toilets I was not keen (I have a rule check the toilets – if they are nice and clean then hopefully the kitchens will be of the same standard!!!!). I had a bacon and brie baguette which came with a side salad, chips and coleslaw, it was nice but I feel expensive at £8.95.

Now to the room which was £81 per night, very small, on first impressions looked clean, again tired and in need of refurbishment, the skirting board was very badly chipped, wall paper a bit faded and the carpet had stains on. I looked behind the bed, thick with dust, cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling (I know it’s the New Forest but a feather duster would sort this). The beside lamps were dusty and the light bulb stuck out above the lampshade about 2 inches. Did not put any of our clothes in the draws when opened very badly stained and there was the previous occupants peanuts loose in the draw.

The en-suit was lovely and again the toilet and the sink clean, however the shower was only acceptable, lime scale on the door, and black mould on the grout on the first 3 rows of tiles (not nice) also where the door opens for the shower was a large mound of grime and dust!!!!! The towels and bedding was spotless so that was something although the bed was very soft and uneven.

There was a good choice at breakfast and my husband had the full English, I did not feel comfortable eating there but had bacon and egg which was nice.

Would we stay here again NO, if we were in the area again would go in for a drink as it’s in such a beautiful location but that’s it, such a shame has the potential to be a gem of a place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dizzyhem
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A very busy pub in a nice setting. Our meal was tasty but nothing really special. I had pie and chips, the pie was tasty and had plenty of filling, the chips OK I was disappointed that the veg turned out to be frozen peas. My husband had fish and chips which as OK although the batter was a little too crispy. The staff were friendly and I would eat here again if I was passing but would not travel there especially. While in the New Forest we ate at other establishments which we enjoyed more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The High Corner Inn is a remote pub well off the beaten track in the new forest. In fact it's at the end of a rough gravel drive which is itself off off of a very minor road. If you are looking for an out of the way pub with rooms this is it. I went as part of a walking group on a very wet October morning. When we arrived it was still closed but the staff kindly opened to serve coffee and lit the fire whilst we waited for the rain to ease.

We then trotted off for a 4 mile walk with our dogs and met the usual horses and cows and not so usual small pigs. On our return we were made very welcome, dogs were dried and laid at our feet, drinks were served and whilst there was a very good looking specials board we stuck to the menu full of the usual sort of pub grub. I had the usual burger/bun/garni and chips served on a wooden board. Meal was nicely presented, bun was toasted and cheese and onion ring topping added flavour. Like most pub burgers at this price they are not made fresh and the quality suffered because of this. I should balance that by adding the specials board had a fresh lamb burger.

Would we go again? Yes if we were doing a walk there but I wouldn't make a special journey for the food. Staff were very good and that makes a big difference when you have so much local choice. Would be nice to see where the food was sourced from and be able to support local suppliers. At this time of the year pubs need the trade so if you are thinking of a walk in the New Forest give it a go. You will have a great walk in a fantastic location with a warm welcome and a filling hearty if not sparkling meal. Plus there is a voucher on their web site for £5 off a £20 spend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at The High Corner inn as part of a group of 8 in late September. The atmosphere is warm, friendly and convivial. The food is excellent, well presented and served with a smile. The hosts attended to our every needs, no matter what. Nothing was too much bother. The rooms are, as to be expected, clean, comfortable and well presented. It looked like our bathroom had only just been redecorated. Most of all, the remoteness of the Inn, deep in the New Forest, amongst the ponies and donkeys, was just magical. I can fully recommend this exceptionally good value Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
#2 of 2 in Burley
Petherton Cottage
Petherton Cottage
#3 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to High Corner Inn? Share your experiences!