“Top quality service in a beautiful location”
Review of High Corner Inn

High Corner Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ended up staying here very last minute on a saturday night - The staff could not have been more accommodating, approachable, warm and friendly :) The rooms were great too, I was even on the sofa bed and it was very comfortable (awesome duvets!)

Breakfast the next morning was delicious (apart from the veggie sausages...quorn ones are so much nicer!) and served with a smile :)

Loved the art work too.

Will and Tom were especially great and made our trip all the more memorable and enjoyable. Would definitely come back :)

Room Tip: We were in Tawny, family room...spacious and comfortable, and very nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed overnight on the way to Cornwall just last Sunday - we were sure we had got lost especially when we hit the gravel lane to the High Corner Inn but the setting is stunningly beautiful and we were greeted warmly and showed to our room straight away- we stayed in the Normundy; the bathroom was very stylish but we didnt use the bath - it was so huge I am sure it would have taken over an hour to fill! overall the room was clean, smart ( a tiny bit of damp evident in the corner by the window) and the bed very comfy, nice crisp linens and pillows just right. We ate in the resturant and the food was delicious - hubby had the chicken curry and I the traditional beef roast - no pudding as the main meal was so filling. Breakfast was very good, nice and hot and served by a cheerful and chatty lady, in fact all the staff were very attentive. I loved the fact the hotel was not just "accepting" of dogs - they treated them the same as the human guests, nearly everyone there had a dog with them and it was really friendly. The horse in the garden- 'Guiness' I believe, was stunning but I am sure the owners didnt think so when it was eating the heads of their hydrangers! It was odd to see the horse walk up the path and trot past the windows. Our first time here and I can imagine it would be a fabulous place to stay in any season but particularly Autumn and even Christmas with lovely walks after the fabulous food - I am sure the open fire would be lovely to return to. I would definitley consider returning and would recommend to anyone either traveling through or using Linwood as their base for the New Forest

Room Tip: I had wanted the Kingfisher, which has a door onto the back patio but it was already booked - if all...
1  Thank holidayloop
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Having been here numerous times over the years we decided to pop in after an afternoon in the forest.

We arrived at 5.45pm (having forgotten it is closed between 3 & 6). We were just about to drive off when the barman kindly opened the door and said it was absolutely fine to stay and he promptly served us with drinks.

The location of this pub is definetly off the beaten track but that's part of its appeal. The pub must survive from people stopping for food, as cannot imagine them having many (if any) locals.

The garden area is huge with lots of seating and is lovely on a glorious sunny day (which we were lucky to have). There is a play area for little ones too.

Having sat inside a few times before, I can safely say the exterior is much nicer.

Now to the food. The menu is boring to say the least with very little choice. The children's menu was more appealing.

The food is standard pub grub and small portions. Its very pricey for what you get. On this occasion I had scampi and had a handful of peas, handful of mediocre frozen chips and 10 pieces of scampi. Now the scampi was nothing special and I've had better at home.

Anyway, it was disappointing but it did the job.

Would I go back? For the location and a drink yes. For the food? No! Not unless they employ a chef that doesn't rely on frozen/microwaved food and have an inspired menu.

BTW I did not sleep there but the sleep quality already had been filled?!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed one night here recently after visiting the Bournemouth Air Show. The pub is in a lovely quiet location in the heart of the New Forest with ponies everywhere. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food very tasty. Our room (the Ashby suite) was comfortable and cosy (although somewhat smaller than it appeared on the photographs on the website) with a lovely bathroom. Breakfast was excellent. All in all, a very good place to stay if you want to be off the beaten track.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have eaten here a number of times over the past few years. Food excellent, service friendly, can get crowded at high tourist season but it's a big place. Dogs welcome with good walks nearby. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

we go most sundays for the carvery and find it exelent food with good service and good value for money ,pleasent surroundings and great staff, and so we keep going , recomended all year round but especially on a sunny day , weve used it for 2 yrs now so we can speak honestly with experience, thats from me ........Always a pleasure to visit this lovely hidden away part of the New Forest,A must for most Sundays for the enjoyable Calvery and to find that quiet little place on your own or enjoy with the family. Great for kids and dogs too.
Well done to all that make it an enjoyable place to be. from my lady

Room Tip: sorry we havent stayed there
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Headed out especially to this place for a walk knowing it is in a lovely New Forest location. With family & dog, so remained in the garden to eat. Menu looked good although the first thing I asked for @ a quiet 12.40 was already gone?! Tried an alternative at a reduced cost & price as wasn't wanting a huge portion. There were 2 options on the menu price wise for the same thing. Little did I realise @ £6.95 that a small cup worth's of lasagne, a few scattered green leaves & 1 small slice of garlic bread would constitute this price. Gobsmacked by the plate I received I had little choice but to eat as the rain was setting in & the dog pulling at my heels. However I have not been recommending this lunch venue to friends inspite of it's idyllic location. These 'pubs' cannot continue to rip us off like this!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
#5 of 21 in Ringwood
Little Forest Lodge
Little Forest Lodge
#1 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to High Corner Inn? Share your experiences!