“Very satisfied - excellent food and service”
Review of Passage To India

Passage To India
Ranked #31 of 50 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Very satisfied - excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went there last Friday as part of a group of 9 on recommendation and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent - we had a the lamb/chicken buffet, which was like nothing we've had before in an Indian restaurant - and the service and atmosphere were warm and friendly. I can't believe some of the recent negative reviews are about the same place!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Truely happy we went”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We live 6 miles away from Lyndhurst in an area swamped with takeaways so there was always an easier option than going to Lyndhurst to eat. As I remember there's 6 Indian restaurants between here and there and probably 15 in a 6 mile radius. Having tried, been disappointed and/or bored with all the local restaurants and takeaways we decided it was time to give it a try. To be honest some of the reviews have put me off in the past but we had got to the point where they could not be any worse than the local places. So, to work.

The restaurant has a nice, cozy atmosphere with low lighting and a fresh modern (yet traditional)look to the place. I am not keen on tables for 2 especially when having multiple dishes and a waiter who insists on balancing or stacking which didn't bode well but we made our feelings known (helps when you are 6'2" and built like a barn door) and they were efficient at moving empty glasses and plates. It was early evening, mid week so staff were fairly attentive and they were exceptionally friendly and polite.
I can honestly say the meal is among the best Indian/Pakistani food I have had in this country in the last 10 years. This alone will get me going back and overlooking any shortfalls I have seen and others have reported. I will probably still avoid weekends, late evening, grockle season, local events until I have been a few more times but it definitely has a draw for me - the food. Isn't that what it's all about?

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hit & Miss”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The atmosphere was great, and the food and wine selection was nice and broad however the service from the older member of floor stuff was far below standard for a dine in experience. I waited 20 minutes for my starter on what I heard the waiter call a medium busy night (I'd imagine a busy night to be a 30 + minute wait). My starter was a venison Tikka which was well done, and our main course lacked strong flavoring. I've eaten indian food all over the world and am very questionable on what others think fine indian cuisine is, for as far as I'm concerned this was not especially for that price. I won't be back

Wootton Bridge, null, United Kingdom
“Passage To India”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Service was good although the waiting time was questionable. The food was tasty but the lamb was a bit tough..Price about average.

Visited September 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Really good Indian food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Had lovely dinner at this restaurant. Service was good and friendly. Tasty food and nice and chilled atmosphere. Would go back.

• Visited September 2013