“Wouldn't return”

The White Rabbit
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
“Wouldn't return”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here on the 14 th and 15 th feb .The room was basic and the tv lost signal frequently .
The breakfast area was sticky and glasses and cups not fully cleaned ....
But what was worse was that a poster advertised a stay of 14 th feb at £34 including breakfast we paid £109 for that night !
All very basic for the money paid

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On arrival we was shown to our room only to find the tv not working, whilst waiting for the manager to come and sort it out we could hear people talking very loudly and then realised we had been put in a room with an adjoining door so the people we could here were in the very next room with just a door separating us!!! We asked to be moved to another room which was granted only to find the room was smaller and no tv reception! We made a hasty exit expressing our disappointment. ..very poor

• Stayed February 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear loulou45h

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Travelers are raving about these Lyndhurst hotels

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

On our way back from a weekend away we saw the White Rabbit and decided to stop for Sunday Lunch. As I am on Slimming World eating out can be a pain for me as I can't seem to eat the majority of food on a menu but I ordered the healthy Cod loin on a bed of vegetables and lentils and it was lovely. My partner ordered the Sunday roast and it was also beautiful. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting and most importantly warm in this cold weather. Would definitely stop here again if passing. Great country pub.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Princess322013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend BREAK to lyndhurst. We decided to try the white rabbit for a meal on Sunday night and we were not disappointed. It was not over busy but the service and food we received were excellent. The also have a great selection of wines at a very reasonable price not like some in the high street. We look forward to returning to the white rabbit on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank brendan m
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear brendan m

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the White Rabbit who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the White Rabbit

Kind regards,

Chef & Brewer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Can't fault it for the price. Room was good and clean, lovely powerful shower... Food is pub grub (my fave) and very very nice and big portions at reasonable prices. Also its in a very lovely picturesque location.

Can't fault it for the price.

Would defo recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scolod
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised when I stayed here. I picked up a late deal at a low price and wasn't expecting too much. But it was lovely, roomy and really enjoyable. If you looking to stay in the forest on a budget I would suggest giving the white rabbit a go

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Calsbells1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked via late rooms who failed to inform the hotel. We arrived very tired and my wife was ill, the good folk at the white rabbit made us feel like family. I cannot thank them all enough. The room they gave us was great, large, serene and extrmely comfortable, the food and service were beyond anything we expected, all so good. We nearly went through the menu during our stay and it was all great value. My favorite was the lamb shoulder, Mmmm divine. I will be back and will recommend to all my friends and family. Well done to all at the white rabbit. Thanks so much..

Room Tip: tell the staff what you require and you will be fine..