“Christmas Treat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Christmas Treat”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Another amazing experience my family had, we decided to have a trip to Lyndhurst on Christmas Eve as the shopping centres were, as expected, full to bursting.

We have been to Indulgence before and it seems the owner has had a re- vamp it looked so lovely with all the decorations and lounge area with extra sofas...very comfy.

the kids had the homemade soup and my husband had the Pork BBq sandwich even I tried some and he said it was the best sandwich hes ever had, I must agree. I had the Bruschetta with sweet pea and Courgette very different but very nice.

We then had cake !!! OMG they just get better..... we had the lemon cake and victoria last time but tried the Xmas Stollen and fruit Cake amazing .. Kids had some lovely Oreo Milkshakes which kept them quiet for a while lol

I read the last review and was shocked to see the venom in it, we had nothing but perfect service from the owner and his team same as before.

Im glad the lady from before likes Costa coffee shes welcome to it and we will continue to support the independent Coffee Shops.

Merry Christmas Bahhhh Humbug surely if the staff had said they didnt have what you wanted then why not go elsewhere then ?

Surely they only did what any good service team would do and offer other items, I work in a sales enviroment and would be very happy with my guys upselling......

Well done Indulgence keep it up.

A Very happy Family who will return in the New Year......x

Happy Holidays everyone

• Visited December 2013
David I, Owner at Indulgence, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Many thanks for your review we always do our best to make all our customers happy, sometimes of course it is not enough but everyone has there own opinion. thank you for your supportive remarks and we look forward to welcoming your family soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Avoid if you wheat/gluten intolerant”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to indulgence with my other half for coffee and cake. My other half asked if they did wheat/gluten free cakes for me only to be told that they 'only make it for the hairdresser down the road and as she was loosing weight they stopped buying it in'

they then tried the hard sell on main dishes which I clearly didn't want as we stated when we came in we only want a drink and a cake.

It said on till they accepted cards however my OH had to go down the road to get cash as they said they didn't accept cards.

I settled on a hot chocolate with the trimmings and a flake, and again they then offered me loads of stuff I clearly didn't want and when my hot chocolate arrived it didn't have the flake (which we were prob billed for) prob because they got side tracked with offering me food I clearly couldn't eat or didn't want. I was so exasperated and really, uncomfortable and embarrassed with all the fuss they were making over my food allergy i just wanted to leave.....

My partners cake looked ok, but it seemed to be smothered in icing sugar and my hot chocolate was too.

To sum it up this place only caters wheat/gluten free products for the hairdresser down the road (when she's not on a diet that is!), other than that they don't want to offer wheat/gluten free cakes etc to potential customers like myself who are wheat/gluten intolerant as they feel they don't need or want pour custom.

Next time I'm in Lyndhurst I will be going to Costa Coffee as they have in a selection of wheat/gluten free cakes not just for the hairdresser down the road when she not dieting, but for other people who are wheat/gluten intolerant too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Beautyqu33n
David I, Owner at Indulgence, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Firstly sorry for the late response, my tech knowledge in this age is a little lacking.

I am very sadened to hear of your disapointing visit to Indulgence, we try hard to meet or customers expectations and apologise for seeming to over do in that regard, I am sorry we didnt meet your needs and hope that in the future you are able to forgive us of our short comings and give us another chance.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best cakes!! ”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

What a great place this is! We were lucky to get the last table. The cakes are light and sooo tasty! Great coffee and they allowed us to take our little dog in. Lovely people and great coffee house.

David I, Owner at Indulgence, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, we are also glad you managed to get the last table, this happening on quiet a regular bassis now.

The lovely little four legged freinds are always welcome its some of the two legged we have problems with lol

Glad you loved the cakes you must try our Apple & Cinnamon scones with creme fraiche they are going like (excuse the pun) Hot Cakes

See you again soon
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Tea rooms ever!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Don't take our word, go in and try this place out, a perfectly run professional business with every care taken to deliver the best customer experience. Amazing cakes, great tea, and a warm welcome.

Visited November 2013
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Definitely Indulgent”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

After a walk in the new forest we wanted a drink and a cake. So naturally went to Lyndhurst which is full of cafe's and tearooms. This one is new I believe and so glad we stumbled on it. As it was a birthday treat I indulged. Chocolate cake fudge cake was amazing . Lemon cake was frosting and a squirt of lemon juice over when served - amazing. A coke float took me back to my childhood. Great service the presumed owner obviously know hows to serve a treat. I believe they also do savoury food which I think is great ( I have an indulgence lounge locally and that's one thing they lack). Would highly recommend. The interior is as indulgent and the food. Really quirky with soft plump sofas and velvet tableclothes. It's great.

• Visited November 2013