“Great experience”

Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hartnett Holder & Co is a relaxed, stylish and comfortable upscale restaurant - full of character, yet unpretentious. Angela Hartnett and Lime Wood’s Luke Holder, with their team, create locally sourced English dishes with a respectful nod to the seasons and to Italian culinary ideologies. This collaboration is reflected in their fresh, confident approach ensuring that this is "fun dining, not fine dining". Open all day.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Incredible surroundings, food, service and attention to detail. A memorable meal for all the right reasons.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Tastless cod and stringy, inedible sugar snap peas. Everything else was great, especially the service and surroundings.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Ate at the chefs table on Friday night for my mother in laws 60th birthday. What an amazing experience! Our waitress/host was attentive and enthusiastic. The food was amazing and seeing the action in the kitchen was great fun. We really enjoyed seeing the passion of all the chefs from the junior chefs right up to Luke Holder himself. My wife telephoned in the week to say my mother in laws favourite dish was turbot. We were served a whole baked turbot with delicious mushrooms, gnocchi and artichokes. A great experience highly recommended.

1  Thank drsjclarke
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We booked a table to celebrate my birthday and it did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived the service was seamless. We enjoyed an aperitif in the bar before being ushered to our table. I liked the décor and atmosphere which along with the menu were not what I had expected. Instead of fancy 'French' the choice was refreshing different and inventive. I had genuine difficulty choosing because I really wanted to try many things! The food was absolutely delicious and again I was surprised by the generous amount of main course. The puds were interesting too and my only regret is that I was too full to order one - though they did bring a little pie with a candle in it (mercifully without sung accompaniment) as it was my birthday. We will definitely return when we are in that part of the world again but next time I will go easy on the nibbles and tasty bread so that I can make it to three courses.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times & always had the tasting menu. This is a delicious treat and had left me wanting to come back & just have a whole plate of pasta to myself . I was not disappointed.
I had the squid ink pasta with crab and my husband had the double agnolotti with broad beans. Both were cooked to perfection and the flavour was amazing. We had to order a ewes cheese and young vegetable salad as well as it had always been a favourite. The chocolate & expression mousse was divine.

The only comment I would make is be careful ordering for young children. We took my son who is 21 months & went for an early dinner to suit toddler timing. He loved his food but there was a lot of salt. It was seasoned perfectly for an adult but I think you need to be specific in stating that you don't want any salt as it was far too much for him. That is not a criticism of the chefs but a note to parents .

For the food alone this place is worth 5 stars but add in the setting & I cannot recommend it highly enough.