“Fab food”

Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hartnett Holder & Co is a relaxed, stylish and comfortable upscale restaurant - full of character, yet unpretentious. Angela Hartnett and Lime Wood’s Luke Holder, with their team, create locally sourced English dishes with a respectful nod to the seasons and to Italian culinary ideologies. This collaboration is reflected in their fresh, confident approach ensuring that this is "fun dining, not fine dining". Open all day.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had a super birthday dinner. Great restaurant, excellent food and nice relaxing atmosphere. The menu isn't extensive but the execution is great. All of the dishes we had were beautifully presented, tasty and reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We went last week and ordered the tasting menu with accompanying wines! It was fantastic food and matching wines! The ambience is lovely and the staff are efficient friendly and enthusiastic! Love it and can't wait to return.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was our second visit for afternoon tea. We really enjoyed it first time and we had a voucher this time. Service was very good and we enjoyed the food but were dissappointed when the bill arrived - firstly I was charged £2.50 for a glass of tap water and the service charge is calculated from the total bill - before the voucher value is deducted. This is not so bad but we were already surprised at the cost of the tap water there!
Certainly have no plans to return, there are many places that provide an excellent afternoon tea for a lot less.

1  Thank Finchmeister
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am still enjoying the ever changing menus using fresh local seasonal produce resulting in the most amazing dishes which continue to tickle my taste buds 2-4 times a week. From the moment you arrive, a warm welcome is guaranteed as you enter the hotel and escorted to the Courtyard Bar for drinks, cocktails, mocktails (when driving) tailor made by the handsome enthusiastic bar men. Sit and relax for a while, watch the glass roof open (weather permitting) or just pop in for morning coffee, afternoon tea, or a nibble from the Grazing Menu. There is something for everyone whatever the time of day Lime Wood Hartnett Holder & Co ticks all the boxes, especially mine as they continue to take such good 5* care of me and my friends.

Manuel and his hardworking professional team provide an excellent friendly service and always ensure my dietary needs are met with the Chefs creating numerous culinary delights which is why I just keep going back for more. I am fortunate to have worked my way through the seasonal menus, love Sunday lunch, fish dishes and the pig cheeks, ginger, leeks and celeriac were absolutely fab on Valentines Day. The perfect wine is always selected and I am looking forward to many more amazing experiences during the next twelve months. Thanks everyone ****** Your No 1 Fan ******

1  Thank WorldClassOnly
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We pushed the boat out and booked for my husband's birthday meal. It was a lovely experience. The greeting when we arrived, the pre-dinner drinks in the comfy, stylish atrium,the meal; and the service.

We would thoroughly recommend it. My tagliatelle starter was sublime.