“The curse of the cheap sausage.”
Review of The Greenwood Tree

The Greenwood Tree
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It is in the New Forest
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the English Breakfast here and with a couple of changes it could be a decent meal. Regrettably the meal included a very cheap sausage and the there was no choice of white or brown toast - when it came it was very cheap white bread.
However, the food came quickly, was hot, and the staff were friendly. The coffee was also pretty good.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I treated my young son to a cooked breakfast here today which we have done on a few occasions before, this morning however the standard was not as we are used too.
There was no smile or greeting as we arrived, I waited 10 minutes before having to ask for our order to be taken and unfortunately the Traditional English was certainly not!
It was barely warm, certainly wasn't cooked to order and of poor quality in general.
A great shame because there is certainly no short of competition in the High Street who will take the custom.

1  Thank taylorandrew20
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very disappointed in the staff when I went in the beginning of the week!. No hello or thankyou goodbyes,not even a smile!!. Our waitress seemed miserable and looked like she couldnt be botheted to serve us.It ruined my experience in the restaurant. Will not be recommending the cafe!.

1  Thank benevan
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'd love to be able to give a complete review of this place.
We were in Lyndhurst and we generally prefer to frequent local places rather than the huge chains, so given a choice between this and the local Costa, we wandered in.
There was a sign (slightly optimistic as it turns out) at the door saying "Please seat yourselves and we'll serve you).
At this point there were at least three other groups perusing menus, so we didn't expect to get served instantly.
However, the two staff who were present seemed to have no interest in serving anyone at all. They seemed to be spending most of their time behind a door marked private, and by the time the surly looking waitress had actually got around to taking orders from a couple of the other groups we'd already been waiting ten minutes.
At that point we stood up and walked out.
I can't really rate the food or value - the list available looked nice enough, but we obviously never got around to trying anything.
Fortunately I have Trip Advisor on my phone, so after consulting that we moved on to Tea Total which was massively better.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff were friendly, the food arrived quickly and the whole experience was very pleasant. We had fruit scones with cream and jam. There are so many cares to choose from in Lyndhurst that we had difficulty deciding which one to go in. This was one of the cheapest and easily met our expectations for a very good afternoon tea. I would recommend this cafe to anyone looking for afternoon tea in Lyndhurst.