“The Stag Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here. Unfortunately, we were not given the room we booked on the first floor, it was not available. The room we were given was clean and tidy but cold, even with the heating on full blast. There was nowhere in the bathroom to put a wash bag. The plug hole in the sink was extremely slow to get rid of the water. The beds were comfortable albeit hot with a plastic layer underneath the sheet. Breakfast was good and the dining area was nice and quirky with mismatched tables and chairs which gave it a charm.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We went here as part of a large group. Our food was delivered at random intervals, I waited over an hour for food, others food was cold, or poorly prepared in the case of one pie.

The selection of food was average and the end food was nice, but awful service and no attention, avoid this place!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great selection of Bar Food. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good service and good selection of drinks.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

On a recent stay in the New Forest, we eat lunch here. The food was good and the menu extensive and well priced for pub food. I would recommend a meal and drinks here. We are even considering a stay here on our return to the New Forest

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Lovely venue and deco. I thought it was a bit pricey for what you get on the plate. Nothing special about the food or the menu. But, if you are a chocolate fudge cake lover... this is the place for you! Super size portion and yummy dessert. I found the place ok to have a drink and chill out. I had a ham and cheese toastie, and they served it with a few nacho crisps and a bit of salad. The sandwhich was a bit plain and tasteless, mayne I should have asked for a lasagne instead, I dont know. I was not impressed.