“Eating Out”

Ranked #21 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The bar&grill at The Crown Manor House Hotel,strives to serve food that is seasonal,and locally sourced. This helps the Forest to stay special,supports the community and reduces our environmental impact. Enjoy a pre-dinner drink in one of our comfortable Lounges, before enjoying a taste of modern British cuisine,served in a relaxed setting. Diners can choose from dishes such as Lymington Crab with apple salad and a lime and chilli dressing, confit duck parcels, 28 day hung 10oz rib-eye steak with triple cooked hand cut chips or Ringwood beer battered fish. Our fish is landed at Christchurch or Lymington, meat is traceable from farm to fork direct from Moens Farm, and our cheese comes from the Isle of Wight. In the Summer months most of our fruit and veg comes from Sopley Farm, and where else would our icecream come from but the New Forest!
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great steaks. Friendly service. Reasonably priced. Love the oak panelling. Our dog was welcome. Would go there any time.

There are newer reviews for Bar & Grill At The Crown Manor House Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hubby had fish & chips which weren't the best although ok, I had lamb rump which was a little tough but tasty. Creme brulee for pudding was nice.We felt the food was ok but overpriced for what it was. Staff were lovely and very accomodating.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had dinner at the Brasserie whilst staying at the hotel. There was a nice choice on the menu and reasonably priced as was the wine list. The service was excellent and 'with a smile.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were looking forward to our evening meal at The Crown on Easter Sunday but found it to be a very ordinary meal. A young waitress took our order and my husband and myself both ordered a starter and main and then she asked what I would like for my main! We ordered a bottle of wine and my husband gave the number as well as the name so were surprised to be presented with a bottle of red when we ordered white. I did wonder if the food order would be correct and luckily it was. I had the crab risotto cakes which was very nice but my husband was not impressed with the roast pepper tart as very dry and pastry flew across the plate when trying to cut it. My husband had fish and chips which was passable but my seabass was disappointing as the braised baby gems, shallot confit and crushed new potatoes just did not go with it. The sticky toffee pudding was ok. We were in Lyndhurst over the Easter weekend and tried a different venue each evening. The Crown was the most expensive and the least enjoyable

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had dinner here on one occasion. It was very quiet (Wednesday), maybe because part of the restaurant is being redecorated, not that that mattered to us. The food was tasty enough but we felt the portions were quite small. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and that made all the difference