Location good for walking into lovely Lyndhurst, restaurants, bus services and on to Bolton’s Bench. On one way system so traffic can be a problem. Large bedrooms, nice showers. Conservatory a great place for breakfast. A lovely house but needs a bit of TLC to make it excellent: lock on loo door; couldn’t get WiFi; better garden furniture; information book way out of date.
The house is stunning and the photos do not do it justice. Clearly rexently refurbed and to a high standard. Perfect for 10 people..comfortably! Literally moments from the main high street ..walking. Ideal location for exploring the area. So clean and the host could not help enough. Perfect weekend break for a group of friends.
Top tips: no dishwasher tablets provided, bring your own if you want to use. Towels are not provided, so dont forget your teatowels as well as your bathroom towels. Also worth noting there are no locks on bathrooms. Tricky to find .. there is a circular mirror by the entrance so look out for that.
We stayed here over the Christmas period and we all had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay, would definitely return
Summary: A nice spacious place, but many little things would make the place so much better. It's dropped 2 stars because of that.
+ The toy box was great, loads of toys to keep the kids entertained.
+ There's enough parking for 3 saloon/hatchback sized cars. If you have more cars, there's parking on the side road
- The multi-game table (air-hockey, pool, foosball) was really wobbly and falling to bits when poked with a finger. We had to move it to the shed because it was dangerous for the kids. Throwing it away would've helped.
- Multiple light bulbs not working in the house, so many I've lost count!
- None of the locks worked on toilets/bathrooms, please have this fixed. People like their privacy :)
- The vacuum cleaner was useless with the head broken.
- More hand towels needed please - at least 1 in the kitchen, toilet and bathroom. We ended up having to buy our own, and it'd be nice not to have to do this on holiday.
- We found the house difficult to find as it was buried in bushes. A nice clear sign visible from the road would've helped.
- WiFi was slow and inconsistent throughout house.
Location: A 5 minute walk to town, but is on a stretch of road which always has traffic. We had to sit in traffic every day for 5-15 mins to park up. Check Google Traffic.
+ The rooms were spacious for 8 adults and 4 little ones.
+ They were clean
- Lacked towels. We were informed about this beforehand, but it's a more complete holiday experience had we not had to bring ours.
- The cupboards were large, but more hangers are needed.
Kitchen: Plenty of easy fixes which would've made our stay so much better.
+ Good sized kitchen, equipped with dishwasher.
+ Enough pots, pans, plates and bowls.
- There were only a couple of teaspoons. Please buy more.
- The fridge is tiny (half height) for the size of the house, there's plenty of space in the utility room for another.
- There's an old washing machine but no tumble dryer.
- No Scissors
- There's no iron/ironing board.
- Hot water was very inconsistent, sometimes it's hot, but other times you'd be having a cold shower.
- The bath is quite slippery, an anti slip mat would be good.
- It's small and wasn't comfortable as it doesn't get much sunlight.
- Not much flat space for kids to run around, however we were in New Forest, so we simply went out.
- There's no BBQ. A summer holiday feels a bit wrong without having one.
Spring Cottage proved perfect for our needs and our stay in Lyndhurst. We needed somewhere clean and tidy as we wouldn't be spending so much time at the accommodation and it was everything we expected. Deceivingly spacious with plenty of living accommodation downstairs and the bedrooms are generous in size with large double beds. One or two areas of the property looking a little tired and in need of TLC but otherwise we couldn't fault it. I found the owner really easy to communicate with and very helpful too.
Getting out on to the Lyndhurst one way system is a little tricky at times but other than that we found the location and the property really good value.
Parking is provided for 2 vehicles on the front and 1 in the car port which suited us fine.
Ideal location the town of lyndhurst is lovely with lots of places to eat or just grab a coffee a good base to visit other attractions we enjoyed a beach day in Bounemouth,the town of Lymington and Winchester. The grandchildren loved seeing the ponies in the forest and a great day was spent in Peppa pig world some of our party went into Portsmouth braving the spinnaker tower then going onto the dockyard to visit HMS Victory,HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose museum . Spring Cottage was great very comfortable spacious with everything we needed and a very good location we are hoping to return soon.
My family booked Spring Cottage for a week 1-8th April and it was idea for our needs .. a big family getaway..10 of us in total, with room for everyone to do their own thing
The master bedroom luxury for myself & partner & the other 2 large bedrooms upstairs allowed the space for addition of a cot and an anxious 5yr old who was finding sleeping in a different place more difficult. The smaller double room suited the teenager who usually had to share at home and the bunk beds for cousins who usually didn't....
Downstairs we made use of the big lounge & conservatory with ample seating for a family The kitchen & dining room were ideal for my vision of "The Walton's type " family meals & cooking
The bedrooms & bathrooms were all clean with good pillows & mattresses no strange smells or leaks.
The kitchen facilities were adequate for 10 There was a well stocked cleaning cupboard with spare lightbulbs ,toilet roll & cleaning products.
I would recommend this property to others.
However to address some of the concerns expressed in other reviews Spring Cottage is not a show house its clean & adequate & homely but if your expecting 5* then you may be disappointed.The kitchen equipment is a little hotchpotch & some oven wear well used, a deep clean of the utility & under stairs cupboards wouldn't go a miss Having said that all needs were provided for & we had a great holiday
The owner Sandra was contactable best by her mobile number and dealt with a problem we had with garden furniture promptly replacing the old with a new set with in the week, Her handyman Adrian also fixed the showerhead while there putting the garden furniture together
Parking for 3 cars & access to the drive was fine once you are aware of the one-way system & prepare for heavy traffic at certain times of day. The garden gates were safe & the garden ideal to sit while the sun shone
The location is ideal we only took the car out twice having walked to Bolton's Bench & Emery Down several times The town of Lyndhurst has lots of food options & Bugden's was not especially over priced There is a great local play park with equipment for all ages including an outdoor gym.. Id also recommend getting your car & going to The Tall trees walk at Rhienfield Ornamental Ave & Walking from Beaulieu to Bucklers Hard a 3mile walk through forest & along the rivers edge
All in all a great success in a perfectly adequate family home