“Unexpected Delights”

Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A wonderful Thai meal for two, shared with my wife. Recommendations from the waiting staff meant that we ordered the correct combination of dishes. Overall, a really good evening.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to this restaurant on a Saturday evening, based upon reviews I had read on here, and we were not dissapointed I am glad we had booked as there was only one empty table in the place (always a good sign). Service was good although a little slow to take our order, but we were in no hurry, and the place was very busy.

I travel for business regularly and have eaten in many Thai restaurants, and have to say the food was excellent.

If you are looking for a flashy Thai restaurant, this is certainly not it, but if you are looking for good food at a reasonable price, with a relaxed atmosphere, then this is the place. We will certainly return.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went to the Siam last night for dinner and were met by lovely staff. The place was very quiet ay 7:30pm which I thought was odd as the town was packed with holiday makers and tourists.

The food is not Thai. I had sweet and sour sauce “a la Chinese takeway” on some sea food and Tagliatelle pasta where noodles should have been. Now I don't expect traditional Thai food to be found deep in the New Forest but I also did not expect to have galloping diarrhoea on the last day of my holiday either. Actually we both did, so please avoid unless you are looking to lose 2kgs in less than 24 hours.

1  Thank Buddy S
Reviewed August 25, 2012

when going to siam thai lounge had to wait a long time before the food came.the starters was ok but the dinner itself was very poor and well overpriced for what we had.i liked lyndhurst very much but wont be eating here ever again

1  Thank davidRustington
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very good, though rather pricey. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the food was not exceptional & rather mediocre so we were rather surprised with the price.