We have recently spent a four night stay at The Forest Lodge Hotel in one of the Crown Four Poster rooms on a bed and breakfast basis. This stay was arranged through a scheme operated in conjunction with a main stream supermarket which for us meant this stay was good value for money.
Check in was extremely easy, the staff both pleasant and informative. We were checked in very speedily and the offer of help with our bags was made. It should be noted there is no lift in the hotel so if you have heavy or numerous bags it would be sensible to take up the offer.
Our room was easily reached at the top of 2 flights of stairs but we felt was a bit on the small size for a four night stay. It was however very well furnished, good and clean and the bed very comfortable. A point to note within the room was a distinct lack of drawer space. Hanging space was fine, the use of a safe very welcome and the hospitality tray well stocked and replenished daily. The bathroom was of a good size, cleaned each day and well stocked with clean towels and toiletries. Luckily during our stay the British weather was very good and temperatures hot. However this did mean that our room was very hot despite having the window open all day and night. A fan was provided in the room but was too noisy to use. The building is fairly old and as a result the floorboards in our room were very creaky.
Breakfast was a most enjoyable experience. The staff very friendly and efficient, the food extremely tasty, well presented and with plenty of choice.
Within the hotel is a restaurant by the name of The Glasshouse. We ate there on one occasion and enjoyed some amazing food, beautifully cooked and presented and very good value for money. Both service and food were excellent.
There is a good size indoor swimming pool within the hotel but we did not get chance to use the facilities so cannot comment further on this or indeed the bar facilities that the hotel offers.
This hotel is ideally situated within the heart of the New Forest to get to many of the places of interest and is only a short walk from the town centre of Lyndhurst. We would certainly consider returning if in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly a Georgian Dower House of the Notherwood Estate, the Forest Lodge Hotel blends historical charm and contemporary style with warm hospitality. Located just minutes from Lyndhurst and the beautiful New Forest, our boutique hotel is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, family breaks, wedding celebrations, corporate meetings and events. Family-friendly doesn't just mean the kids, we welcome dogs too. With comfy, well appointed rooms featuring great amenities, we're ideal for swift overnight stays and long, indulgent breaks. Stroll into Lyndhurst and hit the boutiques, explore the beautiful New Forest surroundings, relax in our bars and dine well in the award-winning Glasshouse Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Forest Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst
- Best Western Lyndhurst
- Lyndhurst Best Western
- Best Western Forest Hotel
- Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire