Stopped here after tearing round the New Forest all day, and deciding not to go home. So called BW and made the reservation, turned up 15 minutes later. I suspect we had such a good stay as it was a Sunday night, and very quiet, Not so sure I'd want to be here when there was a wedding on.
Got a lovely room with a four poster bed and recently modernised bathroom. Lots of clean fluffy towels, plus bathrobes. These we made good use of, wearing them down to the pool area, which we had to ourselves.
The swimming pool could do with some more loungers - there are only 2, plus 2 chairs. Great if you have the place to yourselves, but a little off putting if there are already people there. And it's accessed via an internal staircase, so not good for the disabled.
After a cold day in the car, then a nice warm swim, we cleaned up and headed to the bar to find a G&T. The staff were all very young, and the bar wasn't staffed all the time, which is a nuisance, though may be down to it being Sunday night. We thought we'd eat out in Lyndhurst, and the receptionist recommended the Red Lion - which turned out to be a turkey. See separate review.
There are 2 areas for the bar, plus a nice terrace overlooking the car park. The first is a lounge area, with a fire and squashy sofas, the other is tables and chairs, and not so comfortable - no room for broadsheet newspapers.
No double glazing in our room, which overlooked the proch - which meant we were awoken by the reversing lorries delivering the clean laundry. Also curtains were falling off the hooks, so didnt close properly.
Breakfast was a buffet for fruit and cereals - which are in the type of dispensers that reduce them to shrapnel - then order from a menu for cooked. Be warned - there's a surcharge for some of it! I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - no surcharge - though a very small serving. Husband had full english, which looked better. Plenty of toast, not enough butter.
Lovely though, probably somewhere I'd only ever stay off peak,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly a Georgian Dower House of the Notherwood Estate, the Forest Lodge Hotel blends historical charm and contemporary style with warm hospitality. Located just minutes from Lyndhurst and the beautiful New Forest, our boutique hotel is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, family breaks, wedding celebrations, corporate meetings and events. Family-friendly doesn't just mean the kids, we welcome dogs too. With comfy, well appointed rooms featuring great amenities, we're ideal for swift overnight stays and long, indulgent breaks. Stroll into Lyndhurst and hit the boutiques, explore the beautiful New Forest surroundings, relax in our bars and dine well in the award-winning Glasshouse Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Forest Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst
- Best Western Lyndhurst
- Lyndhurst Best Western
- Best Western Forest Hotel
- Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire