“Lovely warming soup on a cold day!”
Review of Good Food Cafe - CLOSED

Good Food Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Description: PostCode= SO43 7BF. Tel: 02380-284492
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely warming soup on a cold day!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a pretty cafe in the High Street decorated with pastel English country furnishings. It has a range of different teas, coffees and snacks and holds the New Forest Marque, supporting locally sourced products.
I can recommend the soup of the day which is home made and really thick, being great to warm you up on a cold day!

• Visited January 2013

Milano, Lombardia, Italy
“Artistic tea room”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We are from Italy and so we were searching for an English Tea. And we found!
Very nice atmosphere and a passionate and artistic owner.
I tried a very good English tea with strange but good cookies.
if you have children is a very welcoming place

“More like bad food cafe !”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We walked into the cafe and sat down. There were two staff (two young boys) at the back of the cafe who didnt even acknowlege us. One of the boys came over 10 mins later to take our order. We had a latte, cappucino and two hot chocs for the kids which were all lukewarm. The sausage in the full english breakfast was so tough I couldnt get my knife through it ! It looked like it had been pre cooked and then re heated. The rest of our order was mediocre and very expensive. I went to pay and complained about the sausage and drinks only to be told by the young lad "its not my fault"! Customer service was very poor ...there was no apology or an offer to take anything off the bill. I paid by credit card and due to a poor signal the man was waving the card machine to the side of the shop ! He had to void my card three times and i will be checking my credit card statement! I then had to find a cash point to pay them cash .... a poor experience all round ! I would not recommend this cafe.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Bad Food Cafe”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was not a good visit at all. Wife`s Jacket Potato wasn`t cooked, my Omelette was very, very bland, and my daughters cake was dry!!!!! The young lady who served us was not at all freindly, and looked at us like a piece of dirt when we told her the potato was still raw inside. Very bad food, and service to match. I wouldn`t send my worst enemy here. one to be avoided at all costs. Bye

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank sweepfire
new forest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Certainly is Good Food”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

These guys really do live up to the name - the food we had was really good. Burgers made from locally grown meat, quiche which definitely looked and tasted home made and delicious cakes. The staff were really friendly too. The whole place has got a welcoming stay-as-long-as-you-like feel to it.

• Visited August 2012