“"My new favourite cake is Rocky Road"”

Lyndhurst Tea House
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant providing all day Breakfast, Specialty Teas, Coffee's, Lunch time snacks and meals - sandwiches, panini's, Croques, Rarebits, Fish and Chips, Burgers, Pasta and more. Fantastic cakes and Cream Teas. Seating for all the family, high chairs and baby change available.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went with my partner who is gluten free. Chosen on the basis of advertising gluten free items available, we went for coffee and cake. My partner tried a Rocky Road for the first time and really really liked it and it is now his favourite cake.

Ideally located in Lyndhurst and would be just the thing after a nice walk in the New Forest.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Light and airy with the 5 hygiene rating prominently displayed on the door. Friendly and prompt service. We just had a baguette which was nice and fresh and served with a salad dressing and potato crisps. I particularly enjoyed my filter coffee and it was nice to have this option as opposed to the usual Americano which I personally struggle with sometimes.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The food here is really nice and good value. Great choice, and the cakes! Need I say more, suggest the diet stays at home if you visit. Staff a friendly and attentive.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spacious tea house with a varied food and drinks menu. My husband and I enjoyed a sandwich/panini and soft drink on a Sunday late lunch time. The waitresses were smiley and polite and it was good value for money.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited on the strength of its trip advisor views but was disappointed. Atmosphere, staff Etc were lovely but the food was sorely lacking.

I had a Welsh rarebit with mushrooms. The rarebit was on a muffin, which was nice but there seemed to be not much flavour and it was far too oily. The mushrooms had obviously been fried in oil as they were very greasy as well. It was served with chutney but I don't think it complimented the cheese at all.

A friend had the fish and chips and was equally underwhelmed - all a bit underdone and anaemic looking.

We then ended our meal with a cream tea. The scones were large but an awkward shape. They had a slightly clawing texture that I didn't enjoy and felt like they'd be microwaved. Plenty of cream to go with them but only a tiny pot of jam between two massive scones.

It was a nice enough meal but for me, the food didn't match up to the reviews. Maybe we just ate on a bad day.