“Beautiful setting & excellent dining!”
Review of Lime Wood Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lime Wood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting & excellent dining!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had a fabulous lunch here with a client. The surroundings make it a superb place to get away and enjoy the eating experience and company. There are various different parts of the hotel in which you can eat depending on what kind of mood you want to create.
The menu is very wide and all the dishes were delicious. There was an excellent choice of wine too. This was my first trip there but I would definitely go back again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this for the second half of my wifes surprise birthday for two nights and it was fantastic. The staff are superb and exceptionally professional, courteous and nothing is too much trouble at all. Notably in the bar lounge area staff where impeccable, the restaurant (to the point the waitress took time out mid meal to investigate ingredients on the internet as my wife is pregnant), and the greeting from the front of house was lovely and very welcoming. The accomodaiton was very comfortable, bathroom spacious and the hotel surroundings were very well furnished without being over the top. The spa is excellent, not overcrowded and very well run anwhich brings me to the food. We ate in both the spa restuarnat and Angela Hartnet fine dinign and both were very very good. I cannot fault Limewood - the nearest I can compare this to is Chewton Glenn but both my wife and I both think Limewood has the edge.

3 Thank newman8or
Larkfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at Lime Wood to celebrate my husband's birthday and loved the location in the New Forest and the luxurious rooms. We stayed in a Forest Suite in the main hotel with views to the front and side. A complimentary bottle of champagne was waiting in our room which we enjoyed after a visit to the excellent spa. All the staff, without exception, were friendly and helpful, although there were one or two slip-ups which we wouldn't have expected in such an expensive establishment. The early morning tea which we had ordered didn't arrive, so we cancelled it as we wanted to go to the gym. Also we were a little disappointed in our meal in the restaurant the previous evening. Our starter of smoked meat and fish was delicious, however our main course of halibut was dry and overcooked. Also they muddled up our side orders and then charged us for the dish we didn't order. This was rectified when we queried it. The desserts looked pretty uninspiring and although my daughter (who made the booking) had asked if they could bring out a cupcake with a sparkler as a little birthday cake, which they said they would do, this did not appear. Because of these points I would only give Lime Wood 4 stars, although the accommodation alone is definitely worth 5 stars. I did mention all this on the customer satisfaction sheet and received a very nice e-mail in reply from the manager. It is a lovely place but probably just for a special occasion due to the high cost.

1 Thank Marian S
London
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Lime Wood and would definitely return. We stayed in a the hotel itself, in one of the basic suites and had lots of space, beautiful bed linen and a huge bathroom.

The main hotel was beautifully furnished and we loved the cocktail bar and restaurant. However it was the spa that made this hotel extra special for us. We were lucky to stay when it was fairly quiet and had a wonderfully relaxing time enjoying the pool, sauna and jacuzzi pool.
The gym was also fantastic, so much so that I actually joined my boyfriend in there....believe me that very rarely happens.

Also worth a mention was the fabulous breakfast and beautiful countryside.

The only downside was the cost. Not somewhere we'd like to pick up the bill for a weekend stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hindhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lime Wood hotel recently mid-week for a de-stress from a ski holiday. On arrival there were a few horses near to the main gate which added to the new forest feel! The long driveway up to the house is very impressive with ample parking to the right hand side.

We were greeted at the door by very polite staff and welcomed at the small but personal check-in desk. We were giving all that we needed to know and personally escorted to our room (3).

My wife and I were very impressed with the room, not only in size but also position, view, amenities and decor. The bed was huge with lovely soft linen and it faced a large free-standing bath. Off to the right were a separate large shower and toilet area all of which can be closed off while still having the 'open' feel bathroom within the room. The mini bar was well stocked with complimentary water.

My wife and I both used the spa facilitates which were suitably calming, welcoming and well stocked with amenities. Even if you are not having a treatment the variety of pools are a must visit with relaxation, outdoor hot tub and hydro therapy all an option.

We had a dinner in the restaurant (Hartnett). While my meal was delicious, my wife's milk poached chicken lacked a little flavor. We did also find the waiting staff a little abrupt. We moved on to enjoy a few cocktails in the courtyard bar but as it was a Tuesday it was very quite so lacked a little atmosphere.

The next day check out and breakfast were effortless. We decided to enjoy breakfast in our room at 10:30 to enjoy the most of the luxurious surroundings. We were tempted by the free to use bikes available at the hotel however opted for a walk instead into the pretty town of Lyndhurst.

My wife and I have stayed in many 5 star luxury hotels and this one really does meet the rest of them (if a little pricey in comparison). We would definitely visit again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a great view over the gardens, with a large free-standing bath to lay in while you soak u...
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

As I live in dorset I had already been to Limewood for lunch, afternoon tea etc. These previous visits were all good, however never got round to reviews at the time.
Just had a spa day at Limewood's Herb House & felt compelled to review this time.
Upon arrival we were taken to Raw & Cured for our late lunch ( we were doing the twilight spa package )It is very tiny and was packed to the brim. We managed to grab only available table. Very cramped in there. Food ok but nothing special.
We were given a very quick tour of the spa and then left to our enjoy facilities.
Treatment was nice bit nothing special.
Then the shock we were enjoying the pool area & were very very surprised to see a lady topless. Now I have nothing against ladies going topless but surely not an establishment like Limewood ????
Later when I pointed it out to the staff they confirmed not allowed & laughed thinking it funny !!
On the whole Herb House was nice. Most of the time we were there was quite messy with wet towels left & discarded all over the place
I have also visited Careys Manor Sen Spa a few times & on service,tranquility & value would choose Careys Manor.
Limewood very very overpriced for what you get

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank places2seeplaces2go
Coventry
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Lime Wood Hotel & Spa really has got it going on & seriously knows how to deliver an outstanding spa break, from the moment we arrived until the very sad moment when we had to depart, our experience oozed quality & was thoroughly excellent! The welcome was beyond warm & helpful & the Staff really appeared to genuine care about our needs & were interested to ensure we had everything we needed & wanted! Our check-in was efficient & professional & we were lucky enough to even be upgraded! The venue is immaculately presented throughout with high standards of cleanliness & the bedrooms were superbly appointed with every facility considered & catered. The Staff within every department were wonderful; so friendly & helpful & really very professional; this was an entirely, all round, slick operation! The spa treatments were utterly divine & we left feeling energised, pampered, preened & utterly indulged! This venue really is very special & ideal for special occasions or just grating yourself for some you-time! We'll definitely return very soon! Thank you.

1 Thank Hothetty89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,571 reviews
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Lime Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!