Lime Wood Hotel
Ormonde House Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
$134
$306
$244
  • Pool
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Woodlands Lodge Hotel(Woodlands)
1,419 results
All reviewsherb houseafternoon teaangela hartnettchewton glenhydro poolforest suitespa treatmentsmain restauranthartnett holderboot roomhunter welliescourtyard bargenerous roomcountry housetasting menusandwichessteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had Lunch on the terrace - simple table d'hote menu but excellent quality the lemon tart was especially good. Good ambiance and good value we plan to go back for a dinner in the restaurant for my wife's birthday.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We go as often as we can to this wonderful hideaway. the rooms are amazing, the facilities great and the food fitting the relaxed theme of the establishment. The spa is fabulous, one of the best, and the staff friendly and familiar at every turn. Experience the sommelier before he leaves!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend had booked for dinner on the Sunday night as a treat, however due to other obligations we were unable to keep the reservation and decided to call in as we were passing on the Saturday. Our cancellation was received with courtesy and we asked if we may have just a drink at the bar?

We were shown through by a member of staff who seated us and then we were attended by the bar staff. I asked for Hendricks' gin and tonic as did my friend and the barman asked if we would like to taste another gin in the same aromatic genre......we were given a list of the many gins that they stock, most of which were untried before and so I adopted the barman's clever suggestion of the sublime Gin Mare whilst my companion tried another.

Complimentary salted almonds and olives accompanied the drinks.

It was an altogether pleasant and relaxing experience in delightful surroundings and so the message is in the heading...one is made welcome, if only for 'just' a drink!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juridique
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a review of the restaurant only, I cannot vouch for the rest of the hotels services but if the restaurant is anything to go by then I imagine they will be on a par.

The quality of the dishes ordered from the fixed price lunch menu exceeded our expectations for the price quoted. Although only offering a choice of two dishes per course it was not difficult to choose. The side order of vegetables for the main course is not your normal run of the mill offerings and it was tempting to try out all of them as they are so different. The desserts were to die for and very cleverly thought out. I won't go into all the details of what we ate suffice to say that we were blown away by the different ways that food can be presented.

The standard of service by the the staff is outstanding, they are friendly, polite, helpful and blessed with knowledge of the food they are serving so there is no "I'll just go and ask someone" syndrome - you ask the question and it is answered there and then. Constant attention to detail like having your glass refilled to the extent that you don't know it's happened!!! Happy staff are a great asset and makes for a pleasurable dining experience.

This is not a meat and two veg followed by a lump of pudding type venue, if you love beautiful, tasty and different from the norm cuisine the rush on down to Lime Wood - it'll change your views on eating out.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had seen the advert and didn't realise it was so close to us so we thought we'd give ourselves a treat. We had studied the menu for some weeks and the website made us drool at the thought of their much talked about smoke house. We knew this would be a must. As a starter I dived in and had the smoked board. I think the board it was served on had more taste than the actual meats served upon it. What a disappointment! My partner had the broth with tongue - tongue could have been anything as it was overcooked. Disappointed we hoped it could only get better. I had the pigeon (special) and partner had cod. OK... would recommend you have at least 1 side dish as the portion is smallish. We had a guess at what the deserts which was fun and they were simple but nice. They ask you for feedback and we gave it. It also states on their menu that If the service wasn’t up to scratch, don’t pay for it. However, the 12.5% is already on the bill so you have to create an embarrassing situation to ask for it to be removed if service wasn't good. We didn't remove it as we felt service was good even though the food was mediocre. Staff pleasant and helpful, not overbearing. Surroundings beautiful both inside and out. Nice man went to get our car and brought it to the door so we wouldn't get wet. Nice touch. Its a shame that you have higher expectations of celebrity chefs so when they don't meet up with your expectations the disappointment is greater than it would be down at your local bistro. Would have to be much improved if I wanted to go back again.

Room Tip: didn't stay over as it was local
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple