Lime Wood Hotel
Ormonde House Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Pool
Woodlands Lodge Hotel(Woodlands)
TripAdvisor
1,419 results
All reviewsherb houseafternoon teaangela hartnettchewton glenhydro poolforest suitespa treatmentsmain restauranthartnett holderboot roomhunter welliescourtyard bargenerous roomcountry housetasting menusandwichessteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is stunning, in fantastic grounds, and so close to London but so far.....we had a fabulous weekend, the staff are very very attentive nothing is too much trouble, we ate in the Scullery and had a quite delicious meal.
The interior of the hotel is not over the top but modren country house really special and very cosy, the hotel was loverly and warm despite the very cold weather.
Our room was huge, with a fantastic white marble bathroom, loverly and warm with massive white towels, lots of soaps etc.
the bed was so comfortable.
You can even borrow wellies for in a walk on the forest which we did, really fun.
I saved the best for last the SPA, where else can you go in an outdoor pool in January and be HOT...Lime Wood.
Things I have forgotten, very very clean, great breakfast, great Spa treatments.
You need to try this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go to this Hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Thank you so much for making our first wedding anniversary a memorable one. The hotel really spoilt us and it was just perfect. Delicious food, the best lychee martini (even with a missing lychee) in a beautiful setting. Not one fault to mention....fantastic staff, best hotel in the Uk....thanks again x

Room Tip: We stayed in the coach house, set behind the main house, a real treat with real wood fire and private forest balcony....oh and visit the pig for lunch!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Arrived for a much needed short break with friends- they'd been before. Everything was extraordinary, Brilliant welcome, exquisite room in Pavilion room with friends upstairs. A brisk romp in New Forest followed by time in Spa, tea and cake, cocktails , dinner in Scullery. All conducted with style and care by wonderfully unobtrusive staff. Just bliss and I can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Pavilion room - totally quiet and doors open into the forest
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I cannot fault my experience at this hotel - it's simply the best - The Scullery with the top class service needs to be experienced a.s.a.p. - they even made a beautiful mulled wine from scratch especially for my friends and I .... not to be missed !!!

Room Tip: didn't stay - only lunch - but judging by the immaculate gorgeous toilets - I would imagine the rooms to be 100% too !!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Shattered and in bits, a deadline looming which absolutely meant I should be working and not at Lime Wood, I couldn't have been more wrong. Its exactly where I needed to be and it completely put the bits back together and I was ready to face the world again.
A very comfortable, warm and cherishing room in the Pavillion met me, with a glorious bathroom the size of a football pitch. Utterly private with views of the forest walk and a clever sense of being in your own country home. I love some of the slightly kitsch touches, the milk bottle to put outside your door to indicate a desire to be left alone, the pegs for outdoor coats and space for welly boots.
After the excesses of domestic Winter cuisine the pared down, intense flavours, light of touch cuisine on offer not only delighted the taste buds but also inspires you to push the boundaries in your own repertoire. One of the reasons I love to dine in amazing restaurants, they are so inspiring.
The deadline was troubling me, but with the help of the utterly delightful staff who are there if you want them and not if you don't. I found a gorgeous little library where I had complete privacy and an open fire (they are everywhere), and had an unheard of 3 hours of completely undisturbed computer time, job done, all stress gone, happy, pampered person.

Room Tip: think they are all good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family