“Good Food but rushed”

Ranked #28 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Food was very tasty, small portion and not the light option. Biggest problem was as a single customer i felt rushed with the continual request of what else could they offer me, making me feel a little uncomfortable.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Characterful restaurant tastefully furnished. Very busy on Saturday night but the very efficient waitress team were really on their toes and delivered great service. We all really enjoyed the food. The chargrilled chicken Caesar salad was really delicious with a good BBQ flavour. Enjoyed by all the family

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Part of a well-known chain, but the standard seems high. The salmon and avocado salad was fresh and tasty, and there was a good choice of desserts. The service was pleasant and efficient, and the restaurant seems very popular locally. Parents of small children and babies in particular will find it family friendly.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I took the wife to Prezzo in Lyndhurst for her birthday as it WAS one her favourite restaurants in the area. I pre-booked to make sure we got a table as we had been disapointed in the past. On arrival we were told to wait to see If they could fit us in?! Good start..

The waitresses were as upbeat as ever and we settled in for what we hoped woud be an enjoyable experience.

We ordered a bottle of Terre Nova a "vibrant and fruity" Chardonnay from Sicily. On arrival It was so cold we could not drink it, once warmed up it was tasteless.

After a bit of pressuring my wife managed to get a small portion of the mushroom rizotto as a starter as the description looked promising. She and tried a couple of mouthfuls and quickly gave up as the rice was still hard and uincooked.

None the less deterred we set about the pizzas. Mine was a Gambaeretti VIPizza as I love King Prawns and her's was an Executive. The Executive has raw not roasted peppers as described and was drowned in rocket. Mine had 4-5 slices of king prawns (,aybe 2 whole in total) which were not in spicy marinade as the menu suggested. When I voiced my disapointment at the size, taste and quantity of Spicy Marinated King Prawns I was given a smal; bowl of defrosted prawn (no marinade) and an explanation that the cook prepared the pizza from the company manual and the prawns were at no stage marinated but a dressing was poure dover the pizza after cooking..

At this point we gave up, left our food paid our bill and went to La Pergola at the other end of Lyndhurst.

Neddless to say the wife was not impressed with her birthday experience and we won't be back.

1  Thank Forestwalker_UK
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fantastic food, good selection of dishes. Service fast and friendly. Good value for money. It was so good we went for dinner there on both nights of our two day stay at Lyndhurst.