“Cheaper than a Travelodge” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Ely
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yateley
Worcester
“Cheaper than a Travelodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Needed a place to stay for one night as passing through area. All the big names were ridiculously expensive and through Google found this place. Reception was pleasant and efficient at registering us. We chose to eat in the restaurant rather than hit the road again and we were glad we did. The food was sensibly priced, well presented and tasty. Had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed followed by a fairly good shower in a spotless bathroom. Our price for the night [£69] included breakfast so we were more than happy with the service and do recommend this hotel/pub. Only gripe was that there was only one bath towel in a double room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nmpm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Ely hotel.The room was really nice and clean.The staff and the manager were very friendly and helpful.You could really relax and feel special.We would definitely recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VeselinaMinkova
Yateley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Couldn't have asked for a better experience while dining at The Ely. Where do I begin, all I can do is sing their praises.

The outside of the building looked fabulous, as soon as I walked through the door I was overwhelmed by the friendly 'hellos' from staff and the place has such a welcoming vibe.

The menu... I was spoilt for choice in my opinion, with the normal everyday menu and the specials board I was given. I finally decided that I wasn't going to have a starter but chose the chicken fajitas for my main meal, I must say that they were really tasty and full of flavour but the wraps didn't seem tat warm when they arrived to my table which didn't ruin my meal but maybe something to look into.

The service... Staff seemed happy o help and had the customers best interests at heart. They were efficient wen seating and serving me, throughout the duration of my visit. Considering they were fairly busy in the restaurant, it didn't show in the service. I was offered a top up when my drink was running low and was occasionally asked if I wanted anything else.

I would recommend The Ely to anyone and everyone. Fantastic food, great value for money (the food portions are fit for a king) and exceptional service from all staff who served me, including 'Keri' as it said in the feed back card I was given. will be sure to visit again in the near future, purely because of the service and food I received.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ann B
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

tHis is our second visit to The ELy, good food,great atmosphere , came with my partner for a weekend break ,we had a nice clean and comfortable room ,tea and coffee making facilities in room ,hair dryer ,tv,.....thanks guys will be back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Treated my boyfriend to a change of scene and a night away...

The hotel rooms are clean, the furniture is a bit tired looking but the bed sheets were clean as were the towels.

There a nice flat screen tv in the room, in room heater, hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilities and nice bathroom with shower gel and heated towel rack and the water was hot!

Overall the hotel was great for the price and would recommend to friends and family.

The breakfast was also nice with continental and cooked selection, the food as of a great quality too!

I had a meal in the restaurant at night and the quality was great and the staff were very good too! for the price paid, the food was actually under priced! very impressed!

Overall, i would stay here again or go for a meal here!

Room Tip: we had room 27, no "view" as such, but a large room, away from any real noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sammysyrett
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for New Years Eve, went to the party and we had the best night ... the meal was fantastic - lots of choice, (even for a veggie), the party was started with a complimentary glass of Champers or mulled and the atmosphere was already buzzing.
We had a family room (4 girls sharing), great value for money,the rooms were clean and after a late night and a tiny lay in !!..we managed breakfast which again was "whatever you want we will make"....great place, (its our local as well), great friendly staff, dog friendly to which is a No.1 for a lot of us doggie people and they can stay over to...
Thanks to Luke for going off the menu and getting me some Veggie Curry - it was amazing, thanks to Chris, Andy and Ade, you are all such a great laugh, and even after the long night and the 3 to 4 hours sleep you had - you were still smiling at breakfast - nothing was too much for you.
Great team at the Ely...well done and look forward to next year !!
From Vanessa (& Summer-The Golden Cocker), Marilyn and Jacqui...
Happy New Year and look forward also to the new Events coming soon.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vanessa-09-2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights just after New Year, the rooms are clean and have tea and coffee making facilites, bath/shower, tv and ironing equipment. Easy check in as well. The pub has a lovely atmosphere, the menu is excellent and the breakfast menu was good as well, all in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Casa Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
Lismoyne Hotel
Lismoyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Fleet

Been to The Ely? Share your experiences!