“A long wait” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Ely
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yateley
“A long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

First ever time eatting here and I arrived at the bar no one for at least 5 min.
When we finally got served the pate that I had was v v nice. And the chibatta was lovley and warm. Nice and warm inside the hotel but service v v slow for s quiet afternoon at 2.33

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gerbil24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Oxfordshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just retruned from an overnight stay at The Ely, having visited Thorpe Park.
We were really impressed with the room, considering the price paid... it was warm, comfortable and clean. We ate over at the pub, where a table was reserved for us (just as well as the restaurant was fully booked) and the meal was reasonably priced and good pub grub.
Breakfast was good, with lots of choice - albeit the details in the room stated it was served until midday, but it was all cleared away by 10am (not a problem in our case, but maybe for some).
If you want a fairly basic by clean and comfortable room for a good price, then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank YimYem
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good basic hotel rooms at a bargin price as been to alot of b&bs and paid alot more for less.
Although was just a one night pit stop for us the atmosphere in the restaurant and bar area was electric!
We were served by Ilona and was service was top notch also the rest of the staff friendly too.
Phone signal was not great but has free wi-fi so was still able to use Facebook so was happy!
Would be happy to stay here again as a weekend away with other half

3 Thank R3d3rs
Yateley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very friendly staff, lovely food and atmosphere! Food always quick and excellent service. the hotel which is basic but very comfortable and clean. Have attended a wedding at the ely which also was fantastic and the staff really made the day as smooth as possible, would highly recommend the ely for many different occasions!

5 Thank Gmk001
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My room had 10 big spiders with cob webs,dead moths and flies on the floor. The toilet bowl was black, there was mould on the bathroom walls and bedroom window. Dust everywhere. I was assured that the room had been cleaned and asked what I expected from a 3 star hotel? By the deputy manager who was quite argumentative and also said that we live in England and we do get spiders.
Disgusting, awful hotel.

5 Thank ninjaspin
South East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed one night last week and has a little bit of a Premier/Travel Inn feel a out it but actually very comfortable, room was a nice size, very practical, clean and pleasant enough. Food is not available for room service and you need to visit the Pub nearby to eat however this provided excellent food, very enjoyable and tasty and reasonable in price (just not available in room) also you have to wait for a table to become free before you can eat there so think of the hotel/dining as two different establishments and you will be fine!

Cost of total visit was very reasonable and would suit any business traveller well, I didn't have breakfast but this again is in the Pub so not sure how this worked but I would certainly stay again and maybe can find out next time!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Nick T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I booked a family room for 3 nights as i was getting married we originally was having the reception in the marque but they lost there late drinks licence and had to leave the marque by 11. (A little early for us so we found a diffrent location) but they wouldn't give us out deposit back so they booked us a room instead with the deposit money for the dates i wanted,

When i arrived i argued with the receptionist as he kept telling me i need to pay for the room even tho i already had! It was an error on there part and after 25 minutes of me trying to check in i finally got my room key,

Was on the first floor and this hotel has no lift! The receptionist refused to help me with my stuff as its not part for her job and i had to struggle with my stuff up the stairs and need i not mention i was heavily pregnate! A guest took pitty on me and took my stuff up for me!

The room looked shabby but ok, when i went to make a coffee there was dust inside the kettle! When i took a closer look there was thick dust everywere! On top of the lights bed tele even the bath taps! When i spoke to reception she said the cleaners have gone home that i would have to wait till tomorrow! I could not belive what i was hearing! She was so rude!

My son has an dust allergy so we arranged for him to stay with a family member until the next day so the cleaners could come and clean the room, i went aroun the room with a wet wipe so i could stay there,

The next day i told the receptionist that my wedding car will pick us up at 12 and the cleaners to go in after that but i was told they go home at 11 and would not stay to do my room!! So we booked into a travelodge that night!!

Our last day the 3rd day we returned they still hadnt done our room so we checked out and returned home!!

I could not belive the rudeness of the staff and they all need some training! I was made out to feel i was being awkard and difficult asking to much! I cant belive the good reviews i had read previously about this hotel! I would rather stay at a travelodge as at least there are clean and reception is polite !

As for the breakfast well less said about that the better! No wonder it was free!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Joemyhoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Casa Hotel
#2 of 2 in Eversley
Lismoyne Hotel
Lismoyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Fleet

Been to The Ely? Share your experiences!