“Good value and good time”
Review of The Casa Hotel

The Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yateley
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Good value and good time”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve as we had booked for the event the hotel was having. Check in was faultless. Our room had new carpeting, bathroom, TV and pillows. Although the decor is not to my taste (e.g. fancy dark fussy head and foot boards on the beds), everything was very clean and what you would expect. The rooms had plenty of towells, coffee, tea, iron, ironing board, and hairdryer. All in all it was good value.

Breakfast was buffet style and consisted of all the usual breakfast items. The only flaw was that it was only served until 1000am which seemed early after New Years Eve, One of the waitresses (who was not very friendly) also asked us to leave our table as she wanted to set up for lunch. This was not a problem but she had plenty of other empty tables and the buffet that she could have cleared before asking guests to go. With reference to comment about the waitress, she was the only staff member we came across that was not friendly.

The New Years eve event we attended was good fun and well organised.

The hotel has a restaurant attached to it called Wheelers. Although we did not eat there on the night, we ate there 2 weeks ago. It was our first time and we thought it was very good and will go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Helen-Brooks123, Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay & found your room to be to your liking. Our housekeeping team work very hard to maintain high levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies that you found a member of the Restaurant team to be anything other than polite. Our Restaurant Manager has since retrained all of the team, to make sure that this doesnt happen again in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to The Casa Hotel in the near future.

Events Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights before New Year, our rooms were very comfortable and clean, tv, plenty wardrobe space, comfy beds, big bathroom with shower/ bath and nice white fluffy towels. We couldn't fault it at all.Breakfast was buffet style apart from one day when not many peole were staying and we ordered and it was cooked for us, we didn't eat in the restaurant only because we were visiting friends, the bar service was good, a little pricey but the wine was excellent so no problem.Would I stay again? most definitley

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We cannot speak more highly of the Casa. It is an amazing restaurant, hotel and wedding venue. We have eaten in the restaurant many times and are always impressed by the quality of food, warm atmosphere and welcoming staff. This is by far our favourite place to dine and even though we live a little way away, it is more than worth the journey. This Christmas we were lucky enough to have our wedding reception here and again the Casa excelled, providing the most perfect wedding that we could have ever wished for. Helen and her team were exceptional and made our day so special. It ran extremely smoothly from beginning to end and nothing was too much trouble. We would highly recommend the Casa to anyone. 11/10!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Vickery,

Thank you for your review.
It was an absolute pleasure to host your wedding reception, we are so pleased that you chose to make The Casa part of your special day.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Restaurant also, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Camberley
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have dined at our local Casa for many years but when I got a special deal on their website we decided to spend the taxi money on a room for the night after out anniversary dinner. On arrival we were upgraded to an executive room which, although was quite a hike from the main reception area, was lovely. It had everything that you would expect; it was clean, comfortable and looked as if it had been recently refurbished. The room was definitely above the overall star rating for the hotel.
Breakfast was the regular buffet but when I asked for a fried egg this was provided. I still prefer the old menu that the Casa had before Marco took over the restaurant but at least Tony is still there keeping everyone happy.
At checkout, the bill seemed quite high and when I checked my paperwork at home I realised that they had overcharged us. I telephoned them and within an hour (waiting for someone to approve the transaction) the matter was resolved with the money refunded to the credit card.
I don’t know why we haven’t stayed over in the past; we’ll certainly consider it again if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CamberleyNel,

Thank you for your review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and meal in the restaurant, Tony is always a favourite with the regular guests and we are very pleased to still have him working with us.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel & restaurant very soon.

Wraysbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel could do with a freshen up. Our room was very nice though, beautiful carved antique bed, lovely modern en-suite, tea/coffee making facilities. Perfect for a night away as the Marco Pierre White restaurant is on-site! Good value. Lovely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We are always delighted to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and we hope that you had a lovely meal in the Restaurant too! Your kind comments have been passed on to our team.
We hope to welcome you back to The Casa Hotel in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Well I stayed here again last week, and after my not-so-great experience last time, I can safely say that this place has come on in leaps and bounds. It appears that the management have really been listening to feedback on Tripadvisor!

First of all though, BEWARE. Double and triple check your booking!! The first time this has happened to me but a common occurrence according to reviews - yes that's right, they had no record of my booking when I arrived!! Had I not been on business I would have been quite worried here. However, the fantastic check-in staff sorted it with no problems - but like I said, had it been a busy night....

The first room I had was recently revamped - hence the fact that the toilet didn't work. Which I only found out after taking a number two in the thing. A quick room change and I was upgraded to an executive room - which was very nice indeed. Again, really helpful staff who couldn't apologise enough. Both rooms that I saw however were massive improvements on anything I'd previously seen at this hotel - and the general decor and cleanliness is now A*.

The Marco Pierre White restaurant was quite pricey (as you'd expect) but the food I had was absolutely delicious. I went for Cottage Pie and apple crumble for desert - would highly recommend.

One of the gripes I had last time I stayed here was the ancient Internet and TV system - this has been much improved with flat screen TVs and super fast free wifi - again, massive improvement and really helped, because phone signal on Orange is non-existent due to the location - in the middle of nowhere.

All in all, I'd be happy to stay here again, like I said the place has massively improved - the staff were absolutely brilliant and it was a lovely place to be!

Room Tip: Well 35 had a toilet which didn't work. Don't choose this one. Executive suite well worth th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Matteh_2006

Thank you for your review.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the mix up with your reservation, our Front of House team have been working hard to prevent anything like this happening in the future.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, all Trip Advisor reviews are taken seriously and used to see where improvements need to be made - hence the new Wi Fi and flat screen tv's.
I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We recently stayed for 1 night at the Casa Hotel and we were more than impressed we were upgraded to an executive room FOC when checking in. We were going to a anniversay party nearby so we did not book into Marco Pierre Whites restaurant but it was very busy and everyone was raving on about the food in the bar area. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and spacious. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to help make our stay relaxing. Breakfast was great. Excellent value for money. We would definately stay at5 the Casa next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BartBieniecki, Front Office Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Karen_Whelan,

Thank you for posting your view of our hotel and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities excellent value. We like to think that our hotel is "your home from home" and all our staff aims to create such an atmosphere.

I hope next time you stay with us you will have a chance to try our Marco Pierre White restaurant as we are very proud to be able to provide an excellent gourmet experience and great value for money.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and my team and I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kind Regards

Bartosz Bieniecki
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Ely
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,817 reviews
Lismoyne Hotel
Lismoyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Fleet

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!