“Good or Bad, that is the question?”
Review of The White Lion

The White Lion
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Yateley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The White Lion in Yateley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Yateley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good or Bad, that is the question?”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Been a couple of times and never know if its going to be good or bad, experienced both. However, my last visit was much better that it has been for a long time so maybe things are improving.

Visited December 2012

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“The beer is good..,”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent time here when in Yateley as the pub is well located, cosy and the Wadworth 6X and London Pride beer are excellent. You may take a while to get served when busy, so bring your phone or a book to while away the time meanwhile if you find the other patrons unapproachable (likely). Need to order food at bar. Nice log fires in the winter...hint: need a supply of dry logs nearby to keep fire burning... Food is fairly average, staff occasionally indifferent, rarely been inspired, sadly, and the chain pub menu is identical to Golden Retriever in Bracknell. It's not 'bad' but not great either. It's ok !

Yateley
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been going to the White Lion for many years as it is our local pub and easy to walk to. Recently it had another major refurbishment and we were very pleased with the new interior and the sit and be served eating area. Last night we went for a meal again and what a disaster that was.
I ordered Fried DUSTED Calamari and my Husband ordered the large prawns and Scallops. The Calamari were battered and in fact some of it had no Calamari inside at all. I had previously had this dish here before and they were dutsed with flour and then fried and were gorgeous. I pointed this out to the waitress and she replied that they had alwasy been done like this. Thus calling me a liar.The Prawns and Scallops were good, but 3 of each was a bit mean. I then had a burger and he had a pie. By the time the food arrived, which was quite a long wait, my chips were cold even though the plate was very hot. I complained, but had nearly finished the burger by the time the replacement chips arrived.

• Visited November 2012
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and friendly, helpful staff”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Found this place online and decided to give it a try - the food was delicious, I had a pie from the specials menu and it was great! The desserts were also really nice and everyone enjoyed their meal. We went with a friend of mine who is gluten-intolerant and the staff were very helpful in finding out what she could/couldn't have. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Surrey
“Good value food”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were taken to the White Lion when we were visiting friends in Yateley.
The pub was very nice and the staff all smiles and very friendly.
All four of us enjoyed our meals very much so I am surprised to read of the poor reviews on this site. I guess it always depends on who your chef is on the night you visit.
I would ssay dont be put off, give the restaurant a try. I dont think you will be disappointed. Hunters Chicken was delicious!!

• Visited August 2012