“Worth a try”

The White Lion
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Yateley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The White Lion in Yateley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Tasty food. Service can be hit and miss and some prices can be a little on the expensive side compared to restaurants (this is gastro pub).

There are newer reviews for The White Lion

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I decided to give The White Lion a try even though the reviews I had read had been mixed. The food was disappointing. The plates had not been heated and so the food was warm at best. The quantities were low compared to other meals I have purchased recently at other similar places locally. my pie had plenty of meat in it but few additional vegetables. Not worth nearly £10. My wife and I agreed that we will give this venue a miss in future?

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were just 5 customers and we waited over an hour for our meal, which when arrived was only luke warm and was sent back to heat up in the microwave. The White Lion had a good reputation but unfortunately they haven't got the staff to cope with the demand.

1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have visited this pub several times over the year although nice surroundings and nice staff, today (Saturday),the place was filthy. I have never been in such a dirty pub. There was food and crud all over the floors from the evening before. The whole place looked as though the cleaners have been off for weeks. Please Landlady, sort it out. I just hope the kitchen and the beer pumps are cleaner or I will end up with a dodgy tummy.

1  Thank C S
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Ate here with friends, food was ok for the price, service left a bit to be desired (the waitress was eating what looked like a twix when she to our table!).