“Always delivers”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Probalby The Best Indian Restaurant I Have Been In Anywhere
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Friendly staff, great atmosphere, food always excellent ! Nothing else to add to perfection

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was reccomended this restaurant by a friend who was brought up in India, so I knew it would deliver good food, and I wasn't dissapointed!
The location is a little hidden away, off the main road in a little shopping parade, but inside it's nicely decorated, and the service and food were great.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I visited this restaurant for Sunday lunch with my family. All started well, as we were seated with our drinks within 5 minutes. We decided to try the Tandoori Platter, as it sounded delicious. However, we were informed that the tandoor oven was not in use, so that dish was off. Subsequent ordering fell foul of this issue, as the tandoor oven is key to several dishes.

It was not made clear why the oven was off i.e. was it broken or is it usually left off for lunch service. If it is usually off for lunch because it is quiet, then the menu is limited. We did not find out either way.

Once we identified what was available I ordered the chicken chat puree and my wife had the prawn puree. Both were delicious and beautifully spiced. My daughter had pappadums (as worded on the menu) with tasty chutney, raita, etc and was very pleased.

We moved on to our mains of chicken korma and chilli chicken massala with keema rice. Again these were very good with reasonable portions. Service was good and the wine cold.

Don't be put off by the location, as it is adjacent to a small shopping parade in the middle of a housing estate. There is a plenty of parking, but it may be limited when the shops are open and busy.

Overall the food was good, but it was disappointing that the tandoor oven was not in use, so we missed trying out several dishes.

I would try this restaurant again.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The menu has the usual suspects plus an interesting selection of specialities. The food is good, fresh, well cooked and arrived fairly rapidly which was good considering how busy they were. Things got a bit fraught as we left as they didn't seem to have enough staff to deal with the take away requests coming in by phone, the bar orders and requests for bills. But the staff remained polite and friendly.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Wrote a review back in the spring about this restaurant and have used many times since and haven't changed opinion at all. However have used thier home delivery service a few times of late and the food is JUST as good as in the restaurant, no loss whatsoever in quality and full menu available. Delivery times are very reasonable and advised when the order placed and they have never been outside of their estimates. Still my favourite local place to eat and when time allows much better to go out to the restaurant and enjoy the atmosphere

2  Thank jackdaw27