“Nice evening”

The White Hart
Ranked #1 of 9 Stockbridge B&B and Inns
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice evening at this pub. The only reason they didn't get full marks was because it felt like there were a lot of things on the menu that were simply not available or they had run out of. Whilst this was slightly annoying, alternatives were offered to our group and an extra scoop of ice cream at the end of the evening with no extra charge when they had run out of the chosen flavour was appreciated.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you're in Stockbridge and you need a cosy, welcoming place to stay, then look no further. A year ago a group of us stayed there (family members) and loved it. My mother is disabled and they really went out of their way to give her a great room with access to the shower and bath - they could not have been more helpful for us all. This past Christmas, I stayed there with my husband for a few nights and have to say - what a perfect little charmer. Nice comfortable big rooms, plenty of tea/coffee and hot chocolates provided, piping hot water, friendly staff - good breakfasts included in the room rate - warm, quiet, it was perfect. What actually surprised us was that we were staying there over New Year's Eve, and when we returned home from our family evening at about 11.30, the place was HUMMING - massively loud live band, people dancing and singing and cheering - our hearts sank, as we thought wow, this means our rooms will be massively noisy too and we won't get a wink of sleep. To our surprise, we went up the steps, through both sets of fire doors (thick glass doors) and by the time we got through the second one, we couldn't hear a single thing. Our rooms were as quiet as if they were way out in the country somewhere and we were the only occupants. ABSOLUTELY BRAVO.
It's a very convenient location, warm, welcoming, cheerful - the place you look forward to going home to at night. We absolutely loved it - and if we need a place to stay again, that's our first choice every time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Shelley and the team run a friendly pub with good accommodation. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and when we had need to make an unexpected trip to the area, they couldn't have been more helpful. Have stayed in various of the local hotels and inns, and we found this a long way above the others. Haven't eaten there, but it's become our top choice for somewhere comfy to stay when we're visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The White Hart is our pub of choice for a quick pint when in Stockbridge because of its convenient location. I can't really comment on the food nor the bedrooms, but the menu looks enticing and at least makes an attempt to use local ingredients. This in my experience is unusual in what could be called a generic roadhouse hotel, but I think the kitchen really tries hard. Judging from the buzz most people seem happy.

Over a cold beer, we observe weary business travelers arriving after a long day. I spent a great deal of my life doing just the same thing and if the White Hart were to be the end destination, I would have been be a happy bunny.

The staff are efficient and attentive, and give as good as they get from our constant mickey taking.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stockbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked a table here for Sunday lunch on Rememberance Sunday. On arrival our table had been reserved in our name. We were seated straight away and our drinks order taken immediately. We didn't wait very long for our food and I have to say that there was plenty of it and it was delicious. The prices are very reasonable too. All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable lunch in a friendly warm pub! We live locally and will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was the perfect place to arrive at after a cold day at Thruxton! Warm pub, warm greetings from the staff and a lovely atmosphere all round. We were going out for dinner later but decided to stay in the pub as we felt so comfortable there. The place was buzzing from early afternoon. The food was good and the service was more than good. The room had evewrything you needed with lots of toiletries etc. Although the pub is on a roundabout, it was quiet. We look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: Room 2 is dead quiet!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LollypopsDorset
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I decided I had to immediately write a review after staying at this lovely country pub.
My first impression immediately set the bar high by the friendly welcome I received from the staff when checking in. They were very chatty and answered all my questions with enthusiasm and clear knowledge of their establishment. I was given clear directions to my room and offered fresh milk and fruit along with the facilities already in my room.
On entering my room I was very pleased with the cleanliness and homeliness. There were several toiletries in the bathroom and tea and coffee available with the kettle. The smell was pleasant (unlike some rooms you stay at) and the bed very comfortable.
I had steak and ale pie in the restaurant that night - which was very busy, so obviously a popular pub for food. My choice of meal was due to recommendation from the waiting staff,and what a good recommendation! The veg was cooked to perfection and the pastry on the pie was exceptional. I didn't have to wait long at all for my meal; considering how busy the restaurant was. The smiling staff checked how my food was part-way through my meal and offered a range of homemade desserts when I had finished. I must say also that their knowledge of the drinks they offered was impressive, as you sometimes get staff who don't even know what they're selling!
I had a very peaceful, quiet night's sleep and checking out was quick and easy. I would definitely stay at The White Hart again and recommend it to anyone I know. Congratulations to the team there - Front of House and Kitchen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockbridge
The Grosvenor
#5 of 13 in Winchester
The Star & Garter
The Star & Garter
#2 of 8 in Andover

Been to The White Hart? Share your experiences!