“Too expensive”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Food is just average and far too expensive for what you get

Wouldn't recommend far better Indian restaurants in Winchester.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

For a place with such a strong local following we were really unimpressed with the quality of our take away last night. Both curries and the Sag Aloo were soaked in oil, they looked like they had been hanging around fit ages, were homogenous and tasteless - lacking any real spiciness or distinct flavour.

Will try once more but you really need to step up the game on the food.

Purbani, Owner at Purbani, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear alpha21mike

Firstly apologies for the bad food you received the other night. I would appreciate if people told us direct. As this makes us aware of the complaint immediately, therefore giving us a chance to rectifying it. As stated in your review you will try us once more, so please let me or one of my colleagues know when you re-order with us regarding the last one. So that we may put it right for you.

We have been here over 10 years, and over the years I have always told my customers that if something has not been up to the usual standards to let us know. When we know, then we can try to fix it.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Aftie Miah

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I too do not know how there can be poor comments and reviews for Purbani. This isn't just 'good curry' - It is exceptional examples of how curry SHOULD be - Not sloppy massive helpings of same tasting old meat and spics. Fantastic flavours, the mutton and water buffalo are outstanding - You won't find it anywhere else. Even the sauces are home made. Fresh Naan from the tandoor and a great wine list. You can tell by the ambiance of the place that a lot of thought and care is put into the customers here. We've been to three times to Purbani and will continue to drive out the 45mins from home to come again and again. The few extra pounds spent is worth the high quality of thought and ingredients put into the dishes.

1  Thank Blue_Ahoy
Reviewed February 26, 2013

How disappointing to see negative comments about Purbani, Stockbrige. The reason I clicked on to review was because this Restaurant is my favourite Indian in Hampshire and I look forward to my visits here. It always has the tastiest, freshest curries and if I didn't live 25 miles away I would eat here much more. I understand sometimes there is no accounting for different tastes but I would not hesitate to recommend this fabulous restaurant, or use it in the future for special family meals or out with friends.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Came here for a late night dinner on sat night, service was good but the food was abysmal. It is over whelmingly sweet, it's so full of sugar. We ordered peshwari naan which said it came with coconut almonds an raisins, but it just tasted like sugared almonds. The mint sauce that came with the poppadoms tasted so fake and my raitha which I payed 3 quid for was just yoghurt and cucumber (I do realise this is the main ingredients in a raitha) however so e lemon juice/garlic/coriander or cumin would have been nice as well. My lamb shish kebab had absolutly no seasoning what so ever and the complimentary Cointreau served at the end I'm sure was just orange flavoured vodka. The only positive was the chicken was really tender in both my tikka and my partners korma
Service was good, food was below average. Waste of money. Don't bother.

Purbani, Owner at Purbani, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Firstly I would like apologise for the very poor dinner service that you received. I can assure you that this is not the type of food or service we strive to deliver our customers. I wish I had been made aware of this on the night, so we may have been able to put it right. I have sent you a gesture to you directly to woo you and your partner back.

I would also like to thank you for your comments, as I think its very important to get feed back positive and negative. As I always encourage my customers, If its good tell your friends, if its bad tell us.

Kind Regards